꧁ Prologue ꧂

Jungkook's POV:

The day began, it's a none stop cycle. You wake up, do things then go back to sleep and repeat. A daily cycle that gets boring if you thinking to long about it, yet exciting as tiny little new things would appear that could turn your day a whole 360 good or bad. Today it was both, I was heading to high school for the first time, in a new city too. So my mood was a mixture between excitement, nervousness, and as well as sorrow.

I got out of bed only to notice a picture frame, made from wood like you would see on an old fence, sitting on my night stand. I reach to pick it up and traced over of wood carefully so I wouldn't get a splinter, inside the glass was a picture of me and my older brother Jeon Junghyun sitting next to each other on a log in the forest by our house. I remembered my mom taking that picture before we moved, I loved my Hyung and missed him dearly, we would mainly play video games or go out into the forest when he came over. It is sad to have him grown up and moved out of the house but I guess it's normal and I guess I'm considered an only child now that he's out of the house, I know it isn't true but it really feels like it. I sighed placing the picture back down onto the nightstand and went to closet scratching my head, I picked out a simple black band t-shirt and a red plaid jacket to go over, jeans, a black beanie, and of course my Timberlands. I quickly dressed and went up stairs and looked around for my mom, even calling out for her a few times. When she didn't answer, I went to the kitchen and saw a note on the counter, grabbing it read,

Gone to go find a job, make yourself some breakfast and have fun at your new school. Oh and at least try to make some friends okay Jungkook?
Love you,
Mom

I smiled inwardly shaking my head, my mom knew me all to well but sadly I don't plan on making friends on my first day. I sighed looked through the cupboards as well as through the fridge to see if I could find some leftovers, in the end I just decided to have some toast with Nutella on top. I didn't bother packing a lunch and just brought some lunch money for myself, packing all my stuff such as binders into my backpack, once finished I looked through and thought about what else I should bring, when nothing occurred to me I closed my bag and headed out the door. I traveled a quick route down some alley ways to get to school, when I first moved I didn't want to take the bus so I wanted to see if I could travel by foot. By doing so I managed to find the quickest route from my house to my school, it worked out the best for me and I always enjoyed a leisure walk by myself.

Arriving at the school I noticed many student, outside as well as heading inside the school, walking closer no one paid any attention to me as I did the same to them. I felt my heart racing as I pulled the door and went inside the school while being bombarded with chitchatting and students walking around. The atmosphere was a lot different when I first was getting registered with my mom, I explored hallways and went upstairs by myself while my mom was registering me, it was dark in the hallways and the only light source I had were the lights coming from the windows. I looked around in a daze and saw papers hanging up on the wall with highlighted circles. I quickly learned that this is where I go to get my schedule for my classes, I searched through the list finding my name and homeroom,

Jeon Jungkook
Room 412

After memorizing the room number I wandered aimlessly through the halls keeping track of all the classrooms I went by. No one considered helping me, but then again I never asked. Eventually, I managed to find the room, which was on the second floor, and walked in right as the first warning bell rang sitting at a random desk looking around as student poured into the classroom. The desks were neatly lined up in a row facing towards the board while the teacher's desk was slanted near a corner making the room feel a little more open, it was getting noisy with people chatting away to each other about their summers and were catching up as if the haven't seen each other in forever. I fidgeted in my seat as the second bell rang out and the teacher, a man with black hair and glasses looking as though he was in his thirties, stood at the front of his class. He measly coughed and the students went quickly silent, moving to their seats getting prepared for class to start. "Hello everyone I am Mr. , I am your homeroom as well as your Social Studies teacher, I will call out your names hand out your schedules. Chang Jieun... Jeon Jungguk.... Kim Taehyung..."

When he called out my name I raised my hand and grabbed a pieced of paper. On it showed the classes I would be taking as well as a timetable of the of the bell schedule and my locker number. I was slightly happy, I was able to go to an art class as well as P.E class, even though it was in the second semester. No, the classes I had this semester were: Social Studies, Math, Biology, and Art. It wasn't a bad mix up honestly and to be quite frank I was excited about having new classes. After, everyone was finished looking at their classes we went straight to learning.

The bell rang signalling that it was lunch, stretched and stood up stretched and left my Biology class, I quickly learned that even if you are new the teachers wouldn't introduce you to the class as there are so many new and old student they might have never met before. I went to my locker which was on the first floor like my Biology and Art class and quickly grabbed my lunch money and headed was heading to the cafeteria only to avoided it and wander down an empty hallway. I looked around and sighed relief, so far I haven't met anybody and I kinda didn't plan to. I looked at the classrooms and tried every door knob, almost all were locked except for one, I opened the door and was welcomed by a dusty room, desks were all pushed to the side, there were a bunch of boxes and chairs were around the room, the only light being filtered into the room were from two windows. I looked at the walls and saw poster and writings of graffiti and names on them as well as up at the roof, sighing I closed the door behind me and grabbed a chair sitting next to the window. I looked around the room admiring the graffiti, while I was distracted the door opened one more and six boys walked in and looked surprised. It was only when one of them spoke did I realize they were there.

"Who are you?"