Chapter 1

She looked out over the large city, shadows draped over the rooftops. Hundreds of houses and buildings with stone walls and wooden frames . Candlelight in the windows are the only things shining through the midnight darkness. Candlelight, and the stars. Selene gazed at the cobble streets, her eyes tracing the winding walkways and stone pathways. She even admired the vast rolling hills that lead the way to even more of the country of Aclara. A light smile was pressed on Selene's lips as she leaned on the stone railing of the tall balcony. She felt at peace watching the stars above her city. A peace she had not felt in a long time. She looked upwards as she stared in longing. Why couldn't she be a star, over looking life but yet not living it? For living is so much harder than watching. Selene sadly sighed and her almost-smile quickly became a ghost upon her glossy pink lips. Her raven hair whipped against her dazzling blue eyes and pale face as she turned to go inside.

As she turned away she let her hand linger on the railing for just one last moment before walking back inside her bedroom. Her heels clicked against the marble floors and the bottom of her elegant, midnight blue dress ruffled and grazed the ground. Selene's hands folded neatly over each other in front of her as she looked one last time in the mirror. Some strands of her dark hair were tucked back into a braid that settled on top of the rest of her flowing hair. Her emotionless expression stayed stoic as she looked at the sparkly jewelry that was nipping at her skin. Selene sighed one last time as her door finally opened.

"Princess, your presence is required to attend the gala. Your parents have called for 7 suitors across the lands to meet you tonight. They ask you to behave your finest." Selene peered through the glass of the mirror. Her handmaiden Aura stood bowed in the doorway. Aura's light blonde hair was tied into a crown made of braids. She wore a brown and white dress and her brown eyes quickly glanced up nervously at Selene and then back to the floor.

"Very well, I shall make my way over to the ballroom." Selene strode towards the doorway across her room. She walked past her gold and white bed and her vanity, her blue dress standing out among the beautiful white walls. She paused at the doorway, Aura still in a bowing position waiting for Selene to pass. Unexpectedly Selene knelt down and whispered into Aura's ear.

"I wish you could attend with me this evening, galas are such a bore without one's closest friends." They shared a genuine smile and Selene continued walking. She strode down the hallway passed guards who always looked down when she came around. Eventually she made it to the large, intimidating, wooden doors. With a deep breath Selene gave a nod to a guard and he quickly reached for the handles, pulling the grand doors open. A new light flowed into the room and Selene took her time walking into the ballroom as she was taught to do. She looked out at everyone dancing and eating. They seemed to be having a great time, she looked to the far left and her body tensed. Her parents sat at the thrones, their faces stoic and cold.

Her mother as always had her dark brown hair tied into a knot and placed neatly under her crown. Her golden dress looked glorious paired with her stern green eyes. Her perfectly manicured hands placed folded over each other on her lap as she sat on top of her throne. The king's mighty crown rested on his raven haired head. His bright blue eyes secretly shown with empathy,but concealed by years of hardship. Unfortunately Selenes gaze caught my mothers eyes and the Queen silently motioned for the Princess to join her.
            "Hello beloved guests. My daughter Selene has arrived!" The Queens stood from her seat and produced an enthusiastic voice that caught the attention of the room. For they too wanted to gaze upon the princess. Tonight the royal family hope she will wed. The royal family, all except Selene herself.

(A/N: Hey guys it's me again! Was this chapter good? What are your thoughts on my new story? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, Have a lovely day!)