Chapter 5 - Part 1

One day, the girls were busy working at the Asobina restaurant again as usual. However on this day, Sayanee ended up getting into a bad mood. And it was all because of a certain someone that's bugging her. Why? Because that certain someone was late.

"Jurina! Where is that annoying model?" she said in annoyance.

"She's probably busy with work," Mako said.

"Still, she's supposed to come to these meetings. They're important."

Takamina came up and handed Sayanee her food.

"What's the matter?"

"Sayanee's just a little ticked off since Jurina's late."

"I don't blame her, but, Jurina-chan's an idol. She has a tight schedule," Takamina smiled. "I wouldn't worry about so much."

As Takamina left, Sayanee grumbled, "Little does she know, the fate of the world is at stake."

Just then, the bell rung.

"Hi guys~" Jurina walked in, slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"Oi, I thought I told you to come here 15 minutes ago," Sayanee said, a bit ticked off. "Also, about yesterday, you acted out during battle. You weren't following orders."

"Eh? But what's wrong with the way I did it? I was able to defeat the Geodite."

It was here that Yui chose to intervene when she sensed the flames arising, seeing Sayanee's eyebrow twitching.

"Now now Sayaka, calm down," she encouraged the Osaka girl.

"Yeah, we got the job done, that's all that matters now."

Sayanee growled and then chomped down on her food in anger, grumbling lowly under her breath.

"Mou~ don't be so mad~" Jurina said. "Let's just move on. Now, what shall we discuss today?"

"Well, Yuko wants us to train more so we can unlock our Gems full abilities," Yui held out her red Gem. "She said when the full power is unlocked, we'll be more powerful than ever."

"We need to be prepared for whatever Obsidian will throw at us."

"No prob," Jurina said without a care in the world. "Takamina! Bring me your finest!"

"Yes ma'am!" Takamina smiled gleefully to the idol.

Sayanee was about to say something, but Yui stopped her.

"We already know that Lapis and Topaz are formidable opponents... but who knows who else they could have up their sleeves?"

"Don't worry, we can take care of them, no problem~"

"Are you sure, Jurina? We're still--"

"I have no doubt about it. What do they got that we can't handle?"

Sayanee then stood up. "That's it. You listen here--"

But then, the alarms went off in their communicators.

"What timing," Jurina grinned. "Let's go kick some Geodite butt."

"Hold it!" Sayaka followed her, still angry.

"Will they be okay, Yuihan?" Haruppi asked.

"Don't worry about that right now. Let's go!"

------------------------

Out in the streets, something strange was going on. People were acting like animals, and grown men were acting like children.

Basically, everyone was NOT acting like themselves.

"What the actual heck is going on?" Jurina said, a bit shocked.

An evil laugh was heard as they saw a man hovering in the sky.

"Well, well, I've been expecting you." He pulled a strand of his long, midnight blue hair behind his ear.

"Who is that?"

"I am Beryl. I'm a servant to Lord Obsidian."

"You're new," Sayanee held her Gem.

"Let's go!"

"Gems, energize!"

The girls transformed and summoned their weapons. Beryl summoned some Geodites and they charged towards them.

"Alright, formation!" Yui commanded. The girls all took position, readying their weapons. "Let's go!"

"Hai!"

They all charged forward, attacking the Geodites. Yui slashed her sword and hit it, creating a slight wound. However, she was surprised to see it healed itself, forming crystal over it that looked like armor.

"They're a bit tougher than before. We gotta make sure they don't regenerate!"

"Alright! Go for the Gems, that's their weak point!"

"Hai!"

Mako and Haruppi were back-to-back, the Geodites cornering them. They readied their weapons and tried to fight, but were both knocked away.

"Ow... that hurt."

"Oh crap," Sayanee's eyes widened. "Yui, we need to--"

However that plan was compromised when Jurina acted on her own by breaking out of the formation.