Chapter Ten

James's P.O.V.

It's been a week since Thomas and I sent a letter to the Schuyler Sisters saying to come join us here in Base 1776. No response, but that's expected. I'm just waiting for them to show up, and for Peggy to be all like 'Sup.' I sigh and rest my head on the table. Slouching isn't good, I know, but the feeling of having to wait is horrible! I just hope, really really hope, that they get here soon. Especially Peggy. I miss my gay twin. I mean, I love Thomas but Peggy is basically my best friend. I really miss her, and her sisters. Laf, Herc, and the rest are nice but...the Schuyler Sisters will forever be in my platonic heart.

"James? Wassup my dude?" I hear Hercules from behind me.

"Nothing, j-just waiting for someone," I mumble incoherently. Apparently, Hercules heard me because then he sits next to me.

"Yo, it'll be fine. I'm sure Thomas will be back soon from his scouting trip," Hercules says reassuringly. I look up, confused. Oh...he thinks I'm talking about Thomas.

"Oh, no no, I invited some old friends who happen to be medics to this base, but I'm just waiting for them to arrive," I smile, but Hercules seems to be preoccupied with something in the sky.

"Um...like them?" Hercules points upwards, and I look up to see three girls coming towards us, in flashes of pink, blue and yellow. I grin, stand up, and start waving. They're here! They're finally here! Peggy dives down and I climb over the table and run to greet her. She lands on the ground and stumbles for a bit before regaining her balance. Peggy looks up and grins.

"Sup."

Typical Peggy. I chuckle, before hugging her.

"Gosh, Pegster, I've missed you so very much," I say sincerely. Peggy giggles and breaks away from the hug.

"Missed ya too, James. Welp, where are we staying?" Peggy puts her hands on her waist expectantly as Angelica and Eliza land next to her.

"Hi, James!" Eliza beams and Angelica nods in greeting.

"Hey. So glad that you're here," I smile for the tenth time since they arrived. We chat, just some small talk, for a while before I hear some wings flapping behind me.

"Uh, hello? Why wasn't I notified that we have visitors?" I spin around to Lafayette grinning, with Hercules at his side.

"Hello General Lafayette," Angelica says cheerfully. "James sent us a letter saying that Base 1776 needs a medic, so my sisters and I decided to help," She smiles. I start jumping up and down excitedly.

"Wow, well, that's great," Lafayette says. "Here, I'll lead to the medic tent-"

"Ooh, Thomas and I can help you set up!" I interrupt, grabbing Peggy's arm to lead her to the medics tent. I hope Thomas is back by now.

"Jameesss!" Just as our group reaches Theo's old medic tent, I hear a familiar southern accent above me. Thomas crashes into me in a hug.

"Hey Thomas," I laugh. We pull away and he finally notices that the Schuyler sisters are here.

"Oh. Hey!" He smiles. Eliza giggles as Angelica walks into the tent.

"Woah, this space is huge," I hear her mutter. The medic's tent is always bigger than the others since it needs the space to care for multiple patients at a time.

"Well, I'll leave y'all to it," Lafayette announces. He and Hercules leave to go do who knows what.

We spend the next two hours helping the sisters set up their equipment, and at some point, Carl, who had been stabbed a week and a bit ago, came in for his last checkup. After he had been approved to be completely healed.