Chaper 1 You are my mate

Above is how I imagine Sundu  to look like

Pronounciations
Chauta- cher-oo-tah this means God

Sunduzwayo- Sue-ndoo-zee-wer(zee-wer as a single syllable)-yo

Werani- Way-rah-nee

Induna- is minister

Adada- father

YOunger father- younger brother of one's father, so one's uncle

Sunduzwayo

As soon as the meeting with our younger Father finished, I suggested a run. Lizwe and Zwelithini, my elder brothers accepted. We sprinted all the way up the mountain to a rocky cliff. I shifted back into my human form and so did they.

"Adada makes it sound like we are not even looking!" I panted. "He knows we have been through all our provinces searching for our soulmates."

Lizwe lowered himself onto a rock, letting his feet hang off the edge of the cliff. Zwelithini stood starring at the distance.

I continued to pace. "Of course I want to be king! You obviously want to take up your role as M'gogo."

"He wants us to take a wife that is not our mate." Lizwe's voice was cold with forced detachment.

"He wants us to break the pact we made." I seethed, kicking pebbles mixed with sand into the air. My siblings and I had made a pact to marry our mate, only our mate. The run up the mountain had not quelled my anger as I hoped it would.

"The pact?" Zwelithini laughed a mirthless laughter. "We were fools when we made it. We all hoped Chauta would reward us with finding our mate quickly. Like Jabulani, Londiwe and Thandanani did."

"We were noble." I said. "We are noble."

Zwelithini sat next to Lizwe. "Maybe we should try going to go to other tribes."

"They would kill us." Lizwe said.

"Not if we had disguises. The tumbuka hold mingling rituals for all tribes. We could join." Zwelithini said.

"All tribes but the ngoni." I pointed out.

"My tumbuka is impeccable, I could slip in." Zwelithini crowed.

Lizwe breathed out, his large shoulders relaxing as he expelled air. "We should go to maseko ngoni a second time, then to the other tribes."

"I agree. Though I very much doubt my mate would be among these weak tribes." I chuckled as I lowered myself sitting to the right of Lizwe. My eyes roamed through the villages encased in trees. Where were you soulmate of mine?

The sting of the conversation with Adada had been a throbbing pain but it was dulled by the conversation with my brothers. When I saw Jabulani with his mate, the pain moved to excruciating. I wanted someone to share my life with. I wanted my throne. Jabulani placed his hand around Dumase's waist, she must have said something through their mind link because he laughed. I moved my gaze to the dancers filling the arena. Earlier that day, my elder brothers and I had welcomed Jabu and his family. They had gone to visit Jabu's mate's family. I jutted forward and carried his daughter Tinashe. The toddler pecked my cheek as she always did, then stretched her arms out to Lizwe. Which surprised all of us because she did not see Lizwe often and was often shy around strangers.

"I guess because he looks like her father." Dumase said with a smile. Tinashe yanked Lizwe's beard, which caused all of us to laugh but most surprisingly Lizwe laughed with her.

It was night's like this, I thought of her. Would her skin be dark like night or light like sand? Would she be short? Would she be tall? Would she be serious or goofy?