Chapter 3 - My Reality

I looked at the rabbit boy in complete and utter shock.

I, the person who was accustomed to hoarding herself away from the world. I, who would  reject nearly all forms of human interaction that I was not obligated to endure due to my job, had stupidly and drunkenly adopted a hybrid.

The sudden thought of beating the ever-loving shit out of Seokjin popped into my mind, though I knew that I would never actually carry out such an extreme action. Although it was tempting, I would most surely be subdued by Namjoon if I were to even look at his owner the wrong way, and I highly doubt that the overbearingly-protective wolf hybrid would do said 'subduing' in a gentle manner.

I sighed, letting the pillow-bludgeon drop from my hands in defeat as it landed behind me against the bed with the barely audible thump of fabric on fabric.

I suddenly stood up, the disbelief at myself very apparent as I walked fast-paced into the living room to retrieve my purse, secretly hoping that the adoption documents were just a figment of my drunken imagination. You never know, after all. I once swore up and down that I saw an elephant in my bedroom when I was drunk, only to find out later that it was merely a shadow that had been cast from my bedside lamp after I had discarded my underwear onto it by mistake.

As I arrived into the living room, I took into account my shoes, which were carelessly thrown onto the dark hardwood flooring near my shredded and muddy stockings. Then my line of vision narrowed down to my purse, which was currently laying haphazardly on the floor next to my couch as if it had been perched on the edge of it at a previous date but had fallen off, causing the contents to become scattered under my coffee table and across the large black rug that adorned much of the living area.

(These are the basic floor plans of the apartment. I might make an upgraded version on the sims soon.)

I briskly walked over to it, my eyes shooting to a folded piece of paper that had toppled out alongside the other contents of my purse

I briskly walked over to it, my eyes shooting to a folded piece of paper that had toppled out alongside the other contents of my purse. It looked only vaguely familiar, but still familiar nonetheless, making my heart drop slightly.

I took in a big breath as I reached down and picked up the document and ever-so-slowly unfolded it to reveal, much to my dismay and admitted confusion, the words inked on to the paper.

The dismay deriving from the fact that this form stated in big, bold letters, that I was in fact the owner of this hybrid. Jungkook, it said his name was... 

The confusion was caused by the childish appearance of the adoption certificate. It looked like a damned grade-schooler made it! Surely, this can't be real. Could it?

I gave the paper another once-over and sighed yet again before setting it on the coffee table and running my hands through my tousled hair, only to have my fingers become entangled within it due to its current state of disarray.

I did the only thing my frantic mind could think to do at a moment like this. I rummaged through my purse avalanche and retrieved my phone, instantly dialing my one and only best friend.