Chapter Four

Would you exterminate yourself?
The question rung in my ears as I waited on tables, the pounding music of the club making my head throb. But there was no use in complaining. Especially if I wanted to keep my apartment and have a job to pay for it.
But the groups of underage teens getting wasted and the many druken slurs of men was getting on my nerves.
But it didn't help that I had somehow gotten beer down the front of me. Making me look like I had pissed myself.
A breath escaped me as I massaged my temples for a couple of seconds, waiting for the bartenders to get my drinks for my table.
"Elara, I need you to wait table eight too."
My attention narrowed on my short, bald, boss. The mustache on his lip was a lot thinner than yesterday, making me snort slightly. The man had been stressing about the bar for the last couple days and for the life of me I couldn't figure it out.
"Sure, have Mandy take over the bar."
I suggested, quickly grabbing a tray and a towel before exiting the space behind the bar. A slight hum fell from my lips as I weaved between a couple of people dancing between tables. My eyes scanning the pink lighted floor before passing my booths.
But as my feet stepped there way to booth number eight, I internally groaned.
Samuel's eyebrow twitched, his smile turning into a fake one. The wolves at the table tensing and ducking down to whisper to one another.
"You got to be kidding me-."
I mumbled, a breath falling from my lips as I dug into my apron; ignoring the looks and the whistles around me.
"-I'll be your waitress for the night, anything I can get you at the moment?"
A smile forced itself to my lips as I tried to stop my eyebrow from twitching.
They all exchanged looks before a boy with blue hair snorted. His deep grey eyes glancing between me and the alpha in the corner of the booth. A part of me was already ready to slap the kid silly.
"Yeah some drinks if you don't mind. I mean it is your job right?"
A women with very red lips mocked, brown hair cascading down her thin shoulders. She had a small beauty mark under her right eye, which was slightly hard to see even for me. My attention narrowed towards the cocktail dress she wore, a deep blue with nothing but jewels lining it.
But I bit my tongue, already letting a smile wash over my features.
"Of course, what can I get everyone tonight?"
The sarcasm was a lot thicker than I ment for it to be.
Sam cleared his throat, cocking up an eyebrow. The look he gave her made the women grumble under her breath. Her hand twisting the ruby jewled ring on her index finger.
"Well what do you recommend?"
"Anything on the menu."
You could hear the nerves in my throat, hear the frantic tapping of the pen against the pad in my hand.
The women sneered, grumbling something under her breath as the man across from her growled. But luckily I was saved from a snarky comback when somebody walked up behind me, slapping my rear quite harshly.
"Boss is getting pissed, your taking to long Elara."
My attention snapped to the brunette bouncer next to me, who wiggled his eyebrows in a playful manner. My coworker's v-neck showed off the steady in that patterned his body, adding to the piercings along his ears. The man was a good guy, just could be irritating.
"Well you get people's orders and I'll throw people out, deal?"
I didn't miss the familiar rumble of a growl, causing my eyebrow to shoot up. Sam's rapid tapping intensifying agianst the table.
"One day sweetheart, now hurry before you possibly get fired."
The man tapped me on the nose with one of his many ring patterned digits before bounding off.
My focus blurried for a second before it focused back on the pad and pen in my hands.
"So, that your boyfriend?"
The small male in the booth purred, wiggling his eyebrows. A grin stretching across his lips. The statement made the golden haired man grown. Samuel's dark brown eyes shifting between me and the man who practically skipped to the entrance.
"No. Now what would you like to order?"
My irritation levels where rising but it wasn't like I could bare my teeth here.
"Oh, surprise us with drinks please."
The women muttered, fingers curling up Samuel's arm, which I hate to admit, made my hackles rise.
Though when he pratically snapped at the women, teeth clashing together, the knot in my stomach loosened.
"Of course, I'll be back in a bit."
The words felt like fire on my tonuge, my joints moving slowly between dancers to quickly deliver my order to the bar. Before my feet began to carry me to my next table.
The drunken orders where something I've grown used too; especially when they don't notice that we've slipped them glasses of water.
But as I crossed the dance floor for the billionth time that night; I couldn't help but curse my luck. Couldn't help fell like I had been thrown to the side all those years ago.
My body moved behind the bar to start the drinks, ignoring the sly smirks and comments from my co-workers. It hadn't been one of those nights to goof off, to smile and act like I hadn't had a care in the world.
No because deep down, I hated myself to pushing Sam too far. I hated that I hadn't listen to him even if he was wrong. In fact he was probably correct half of the time.
I was a shitty mate too.
I moved automatically, making the drinks without even thinking about it. Not until the sharp smell of sulphur filled my nostrils.