Chapter 17 Bite me and turn me into a leopard

Londiwe

Zosowa and I left with an Uncle of his. My arm was completely healed. This surprised Zosowa so much. He had a lot to learn about our world. Zosowa's Uncle was a heavy sleeper. As soon as he hit his mat, he began to snore. I sat starring at the fire we had just roasted our dead squirrels on. Zo's arms gripped my shoulders firmly. I was surprised but instantly relaxed at the touch.

"Why are you so nervous?"

"You can tell?" I craned my neck backwards.

"It's obvious." He said closing the distance between us.

I let my back lean into his chest. "You are a human. I don't know how my family will feel about you."

"Bite me and turn me into a leopard." He grinned.

"That's a myth. And if it weren't. I would not do it, I like you the way you are."

His hand stroked my shoulder in slow circular motions. I felt him lean and plant a kiss on my shoulder. "Chauta brought us together. It will be okay."

I turned to face him, we both let our lips collide into each other. Zo pulled away, his eyes falling on his sleeping Uncle.

"Heavy sleeper," I murmured attacking his lips again. Zo pulled away chuckling. He stroked my cheek and wished me goodnight. I watched him lay on his mat and sleep. I lay in my own starring at the night sky. Thanda had gone with Kato's scent. But Kato was a leopard. I was returning home with the scent of a human. I prayed it would all go well and then I fell asleep.

I wanted me and Zo to marry immediately, get a cub going before Sundu found his mate and ascended to the throne. And I would have to take over as Msizi. Lizwe, Sundu, Uncle, Jabu all noticed Zo's scent on me.

"You were frolicking with the humans," Lizwe spat, his eyes flashing gold then returning to their hickory colour.

"He is my mate." I said. Their eyes filled with shock, all except Jabu's eyes I knew why. Thanda had warned him.

"We will discuss this later." My younger father said hugging me. He kissed my cheek and welcomed me home. I hugged Jabu, Sundu and turned to Lizwe. Lizwe was irritated with Zo's scent on me, so I hugged him the longest. This annoyed him even more and made me chortle. Lizwe's mate had to be a cheerful woman to put up with his grumpiness.

"It will be okay." Thanda said rubbing my shoulder. She came a day after I had come because she had been with her birth mother and her half siblings.

I starred at our room's brick wall. "I doubt that. They were disgusted with his scent."

"They were disgusted with Kato's scent too. I think it's in their nature as our older brothers."

I grunted. Why couldn't things be simpler?

Thanda lay her head on my shoulder. "Tell me about how you came to have his scent."

I knew she wanted to cheer me up. So I told her about our first kiss. It worked, I felt a little better.

The agreement was I would be allowed to marry Zo if he trained to build proficiency.

"Why?" I growled as soon I was told.

"So he can protect you." Adada retorted calmly.

"I can protect myself." My eyes flashed gold.

"Calm yourself." Adada said. He may have been mnawa during my father's reign but his dominance made me shudder. I exhaled letting my leopard subside.