Chapter one

This book is dedicated to,

Jackie Scott, for helping me get ideas off my mind and onto this computer. Pamela Rodriguez, For giving me enough anger to spit words onto this paper fast.

I walk down another corridor. People stare at me, I can't say this hasn't happened to me before but this time it's more weird people aren't smirking at me anymore they are wearing faces of fear, I don't get it, all I did was push Anthony, I mean is it really that big of a deal?!, My BFF comes up to me and says

"You aren't my best friend and you never will be"

For some strange reason, these words don't hurt me, I just look straight into her eyes and turn away and walk down the corridor until it comes to a door, I walk in and that is where my life turns upside down.

My Art teacher walks up to me and says

"Well? Haven't we been waiting long enough for you?"

Again, I don't answer but my mind is being filled with questions.

"Hmm, no response have you lost your confidence?" He asks

What confidence? I don't remember being confident ever since I was asked my first question and it is correct made me feel superior to the world.

"I said something, doesn't that mean you should answer?" My teacher Beckons me to answer, but I still stand motionless.

But something happened that I thought never would happen.

He slapped me.

I still wear my face normally. He looks at me disgustingly and walks away,

"You'll be dealt with by our Headmaster, next time think about when it's the time to shut up." My teacher says while walking up the stairs.

I then walk to the bookcase, take a book and sit quietly, even though knowing I won't even open or take a glance at what it says I completely understand everything it's about.

Finally, My headmaster walks into the room and says politely,

"You'll be going to a different school, one for people like you go too."

People" Like me?" I don't understand these words, for all I know I'm a completely normal student that attends Bellingham Middle School, I am like every other girl here, I have to wear a stupid preppy uniform, a short skirt, a long sleeve white collared shirt, with a Tie, Black nylons, and of course black flats. Its as if he thinks I'm not human.

He sends me out of the room with a paper it's supposed to be my new school.

Terrell Mill Middle school for students of different arts.

Different arts? What's that supposed to mean? Either way, apparently they are making me go today, they have dorms if your a kid without parents so looks like I'll be staying there.

I finally have the urge to speak

"Bye, students I know you will have a splendid time without me." I shut my mouth and walk out the door.

I go to the address, There are so many students there, of course, they had a teacher waiting for me outside and they say

"Tiffany? Is it?"

I nod

"Okay well then that means you'll follow me," She says as she is walking forward

She explains exactly what I am.

"I am... A Magic user?" I say unbelievably

"Well I mean is there a way you can't believe it? go ahead to your first class here's a late slip." she hands me a thin piece of purple paper. I take it kindly. My class is C-3 I don't know why it says alchemy undetermined. I finally see my class, There are at least 15 students there, and me being my socially awkward self-stands there, at the door, in front of everyone. At least 14 of them sit there staring at me but one student looks at me and looks back at his work.

My teacher says

"Yes? are you the new student or do you have something for me?"

Of course, I stand there silently like an idiot.

Her eyes dart to the purple paper I'm holding.

"Oh! I see okay come in and have a seat right next to uhhhh, Carter!" My teacher points to an empty desk.

I quickly sit down, of course, there has to be a werewolf, sitting right next to me.

I sit at a distance And take out the book on the desk.

"Alchemy" The book is a bright green, I stare at it for about five minutes, until my teacher looks my way and says

"Is there a problem?"

I quickly look up and say

"NOPE!"

Everyone stares at me.

"Okay then, so can you tell me what a blue wolves tooth does to a potion of poison?" My teacher asks me.

"Yeah, it makes the potion of poison into a weakness potion because of the amount of healing that's in the tooth" I say.

I didn't even know if that was right, I just blurted it out.

Surprisingly, she takes a very weird look at me and says

"How did you know that? I haven't said anything about it at all this year."

I get very shy and say

"I don't know, I just had taken a guess."

A random kid from the corner looked as if he was chanting a spell.

When they see I'm looking at them they quickly get scared they shout out

"Umm, I NEED TO GO TO THE RESTROOM!"

They dart out of the room and the teacher declares the class is over.