47: Megan

Megan is about to get married to Mathias. It is her wedding day.

Song: This Is Gospel by Panic! At The Disco (I knew this song would fit since the moment I wrote this chapter! But that's just me. Let me know you're thoughts!)

I wanted to throw my heart away. Emily admired me in my wedding dress. It was just a simple green tunic. I did not want to show any care for this wretched day. I blinked my tears back, forcing them to stay in my eyes.

I am usually happy for springtime, but not this year. It came too fast for my liking. I need to bring him down, show him that he can not control me. After all my attempts, I still can not love him like I love Persephonie. In fact, I don't think I love him at all. I think there used to be a small spark of some sort. Perhaps he and I could've been friends. But not anymore. Not in this life

I stood in the church's doors, glaring at a smiling Mathias who stood at the podium, making conversation with the bishop. "Are you ready?" Emily whispered in my ear.

I turned to look at Emily, her face absolutely beaming, next to my gloomy one. "No" I murmured. "I... I'm sorry." I bunched up my dress in my hand so it did not cover my feet.

Then I ran. I ran and I ran. I did not know where I was going, but I let my legs carry me. I trusted them. They knew where to take me. Right now, I need to get away from that church- away from Mathias. The castle came into view, and I suddenly stopped. My legs would not move, and I stared at the magnificent building, knowing the love of my life was in there.

But I did not want to trouble her with my problems. Then I saw a silhouette walking toward me. Could it be...? I advanced to the figure and it became clearer. I caught her in my arms and passionately kissed her, her soft lips molding perfectly with mine.

We pulled away and I started sobbing, allowing the tears I had been holding back to roll down my face. I kissed Persephonie again, this time more out of the need for comfort than love. But she pushed me away and gazed at my crying face.

"Megan, your wedding-" She started.

"Run away with me" I pleaded. "Take me away from him. Take me away from Mathias. Please." I was still shaking with sobs.

"I can't run away with you" the Princess replied, softly, and stroked my cheek. "I need to stay here."

I felt like a thousand needles were piercing my heart. "Please" I begged. "Persephonie, I need you! I can't go alone." I choked out the words; I forced them through the lump in my throat, as I heaved from my sobs.

"I can't leave" she whispered, her hand came to rest under my chin. "I have to stay here. This is where I need to be."

I wanted to cry harder, but I did not have any tears left to shed. "I would do anything for you" I said, desperately. "Hell, I would even kill myself if it meant helping you." Persephonie remained silent, and I wanted to slap her. Is this really how this would end? "Persephonie, please! Come with me. Take me away from here. Take me away from him! That wretched man will make my life feel like hell on Earth, I know it!"

Shaking her head, Persephonie backed away from me. "No" she said, sternly. "No. I can't Megan."

Finally, anger replaced the ache in my heart. "You little-"

"Megan, I want to!" she yelled. "I would do anything- anything to run away with you. But if I left, what will Cedric do?"

"Cedric?" I asked, outraged. "Cedric?! You're staying here for Cedric?!" Persephonie did not say anything.

A/N: Sorry I ended on a cliff hanger and that this chapter's kind of short. The next one will be longer. What do you think will happen next? What do you think of this chapter over all? Comment any feedback you have-- good or bad! I'll try to post the next chapter as soon as I can, but I'm supposed to be doing homework right now, so I just squeezed this in lol! 

Sorry this note is sooo long. I'm tired. Like, very tired. It's not even that late (9pm rn) but I've been up since 5 this morning, and I got like 4 hours (??) of sleep last night cuz I decided I wanted to watch youtube cuz I'm dumb, and I'm ranting, and I'm surprised you're still reading this. Well, congrats if you got this far! Vote and comment!!