Chapter 1 (edited)

A/N Note

Song of the Chapter: Band New Man - Brooks & Dun

This is only my second book.

APOV

I was waiting to hear who the new caption was. I didn't love Ryan no matter how much he said he loved me, I loved Jack more than I loved Ryan.

I was pulled out of thoughts when Head Caption Ripley's voice.
"As you know, each one of you have been chosen to be captain of Station 19. Now for the announcement you have all been waiting for..." There was a small amount of applause before Ripley continued, " The new captain of 19 is Andrea Herrera." I stood up, like any other announcement, there was applause.

Later that Day
JPOV
Andy did it. I hoped she would, because I knew she would have done well. Anyone else would have been a mistake. Besides me.
"Good job, Andy" I said as I walked up to her.
"Thanks, Jack." I loved the way my name rolled off her tongue.
"Do you wanna come over after this shift?" Did she just ask me that?
"I would like that."
She smiled and walked away to talk to Maya. As I stared after her, my phone bussed with a text from Andy.
Andy: If you don't stop staring, I'll take you to the captains office. And I don't want to just talk.
Me: Oh really, well meet me there in ten?
Andy: I'll be there in five.

So hopefully we get back together now. Tanner has a huge crush on Andy, but I love her, and I think she loves me. I watched as she walked away from Maya 3 minutes later. I guess to get some work done. Yea I'll be there in seven minutes.

5 minutes later
APOV
"Hey Jack. Shut the door we need to talk." I got up and shut the blinds, as I did Jack asked the one question that I hoped he would.
"What are we?"