♡Significant♡

~SET IN THE DANGEROUS ERA~

~~~~~♡~~~~~

You smiled to yourself as the bell rang. The classroom erupted into a series of loud cheers as this happened, signifying that school was officially over. Everyone stood up, grabbing their bags happily. The summer break was here, and everyone was filled with joy. You grabbed your bag, and put it over your shoulder as the students rushed out.

A few boys were laughing here and there, and several girls were squealing. The vibe was good, and for that - you were grateful. You were one of the last to leave the class, and as you reached the door - the teacher, Mr. Jenkins, called you back, making you sigh.

"(Y/LN)," he spoke, making you turn around. "Can I speak to you for a moment?"

No.

"Uh, yeah," you shrugged, walking up to him. "Sure,"

"I've been grading your math papers, and you seem to be doing very well," he remarked. "I was wondering if you'd be open to helping tutoring students for the holidays," he bit his lip. "Only three days a week,"

You stared at your teacher for a long moment before letting out a sigh.

"Sure, why not?" you responded.

"Great," Mr. Jenkins nodded. "We start next week,"

"Okay," you answered. "I'll see you then, Mr. Jenkins,"

"See you!" he exclaimed as you made your way out of the classroom.

The halls were now empty, and the entire facility was quiet. You walked along, letting out a tired sigh. Now that school was over, you didn't have much to occupy yourself with.

Your mind wandered for a bit as you walked to the bus stop. You had missed the first bus home, so you were going to be a bit late. You sat down on the bench and glanced at your watch, noting that the time was four in the afternoon.

The street was quiet, and you were the only one at the bus stop. Your eyebrows were furrowed, and you kept turning your head to see if anyone was around. Once you realized that you were completely alone, a smile tugged at the corners of your lips.

"Dangerous," you sang, confident that no one could hear you. "The girl is so dangerous,"

Michael Jackson had had a major impact on your life. You adored the man, and you adored his music. He was the only reason why you were where you were. If it weren't for him, you were sure that you'd be dead by now. Even though he had passed away, his music gave you hope.

Suddenly, you saw that the bus was approaching, making you groan slightly. You wanted to be alone for a little while longer.

"But we can't have it all," you muttered as the bus stopped in front of you, making you stand up.

As the doors of the bus opened, you fished into your pocket for your card. After doing this, you got into the bus - scanning your card on the device that had been set up near the driver's seat. The device successfully scanned your card, and you made your way to the back of the bus - settling down onto the soft seat.

The bus began to move again, and you placed your bag on your lap - opening it. You took out your phone, and your earphones - plugging the latter in. A small smile formed on your face as you switched the phone on, proceeding to play music by Michael Jackson. You put the earphones in, and let your worries fade away.

⊰•

The bus came to a stop outside of your house, and you stood up. At this point, the bus was completely empty, and you were the last person to get off. You walked up to the front, and thanked the bus driver before getting off.

The bus doors closed, and the vehicle drove away as you made your way up to your house. You opened the door, and looked around the house.

"Mom? Dad?" you called, only to receive no reply.

They're probably still at work.

Your mother and father were hardly home, and so you were alone most of the time. You entered the house and shut the door.

The house was cold because the air cooler was on - but you didn't mind it. You preferred the cold to the warm.

A sigh escaped your lips as you walked into the kitchen for a glass of water. You opened the cupboard and fetched a glass.

Then, you closed the cupboard before walking over to the sink, turning on the tap to fill your glass.

"Ugh," you muttered, turning off the tap, and taking a sip of your water.

Once you were done, you set the cup onto the granite counter before making your way toward the staircase, bringing yourself to ascend it. You were tired, and lonely. All you wanted to do was rest.

"Shower, then sleep," you spoke to yourself. And that is exactly what you did.

×××××

You looked around the room and frowned. Everything was dark except for a single light - above your head. You appeared to be in a basement, and it was humid. You had been sitting on a stool, at the center. You stood up, and continued to look around.

Suddenly, you spotted a full length mirror, located to your left. You turned around and stared at your reflection, a gasp escaping your lips.

Your reflection was beautiful, even more beautiful than you could've ever possibly imagined. Your hair was teased, and your makeup was stunning. You wore a long, blue dress - fit for a princess.

"Wow," you whispered.

A moment passed before someone tapped your shoulder from behind you. You turned around and your eyes widened. Standing before you, was the man that you had always adored.

Michael Jackson.

He was tall, and he was handsome. He wasn't far from perfect.

Your breathing began to quicken as he approached you. Your heart was pounding in your chest, and you were nervous.

"(Y/N)," he smiled, holding his hand out to you. "Don't be afraid,"

"What...are you doing here?" you questioned, your voice coming out shaky.

"Don't be afraid," he repeated. "Don't be-"

×××××

"Afraid!" you exclaimed, sitting up with a start. There were beads of sweat dripping down your forehead, and it took you a moment to realize that you had been dreaming.

Your hands were trembling, and your feet were cold as you looked around the dark room. Reaching over to your bedside table, you turned on the light.

Suddenly, you became aware that a figure was standing at the edge of your bed. You screamed, and your blood ran cold when you saw whom it was.

Michael Jackson.

~~~~~♡~~~~~
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~~~~~♡~~~~~