♡The Brief Argument♡

•♡SET IN THE HISTORY ERA♡•

×××××♡×××××

You laughed as you were seated with your best friend, Luisa. The both of you were at her house, and it was seven in the evening. Your husband of two years, Michael Jackson, was in a long meeting because he continuously worked on his music. Since you had been at Neverland all by yourself, you had decided to give your best friend a visit - hence, you were here. Michael was at his manager's house - and you reckoned that he was going to be there for the next few hours. Luisa's home wasn't very far from Neverland, so you had driven down to her house yourself.

It had been an hour since you had arrived at her house, and the two of you were conversing about all sorts of things. You expressed how busy you had been, and how much Michael was away from you. Over time, he had become a little distant, and it was troubling you.

You and Michael hardly ever conversed nowadays, and you were miserable. You wanted to be happy, just as you were when you first married the man. Things had been so much better then, and the two of you had seemed happier.

Now, it was safe to say that you and Michael were both miserable. You were just glad that you had a friend like Luisa.

"I just...I miss us," you fiddled with your wedding ring. "I want the old him to come back. The Michael that loved to play, and was always sweet," you bit your lip. "Right now...he's just...cold,"

Luisa hummed in response and studied your form before speaking.

"I hate to assume, but I think he could be cheating on you," her eyes were slightly sad. "And if he is, I'll chop him up, and feed him to the dogs,"

A small laugh escaped your lips, making your best friend do the same. Tucking a strand of hair behind your ear, you sighed. The thought of him potentially cheating made you nervous. You didn't know what to do.

"Just confront him," Luisa said. "Straight out, just ask him,"

"What if he gets mad?" you frowned.

"Just do it, the two of you need to communicate," she sighed. "You can't keep on being miserable like this,"

As you processed your best friend's words, you nodded. She had a fair point. You needed to talk to your husband, and you needed to do it soon.

"I'll ask him when he gets home,"

⊰•

After an hour or so, you had returned to Neverland. As you walked through the front doors, you frowned a little when you saw that the whole place was quiet. You made your way in, and stopped when you saw that Michael was on the phone - and his back was turned toward you.

"Yes," you heard him say. "That would be splendid," he whispered. "Right," he said as you moved closer to him. "No, (Y/N) doesn't know. Trust me, she won't have a clue,"

"A clue of what?" you questioned.

You sensed Michael stiffen before he told the person on the other line that he would call them back. He set the receiver down before turning around to face you.

"(Y/N), you're here," he smiled an uneasy smile.

"Yes, I am. This is where I live," you frowned. "Who were you on the phone with?"

"No one," he said as he walked past you.

"Stop lying," you said, turning around to look at him.

"I said it was no one, so can you stop bothering me?" he scoffed as he began to ascend the staircase. You did the same, and your blood was boiling. Michael opened the room door and walked into the room before you followed - proceeding to shut the door.

"Michael, whom were you on the phone with?" you questioned again.

"I said nobody," he answered. "Can you please stop pestering me?"

"You had to be on the phone with someone! I know you weren't talking to yourself!"

"Maybe I was talking to myself!" he retorted before his face fell. "No, yeah, that was stupid," he remarked.

You tried to keep a straight face, but you burst into laughter, and so did your husband. A moment passed before the both of you settled down. Michael walked up to you and rested his hands on your waist.

"You really want to know whom I was on the phone with?" he inquired, keeping his eyes on you.

"Who?" you stared at him.

"Janet," he said, referring to his sister. "I wanted to prepare a surprise for you because...I haven't been the man that you need me to be lately. I'm always leaving you on your own, and you always have to deal with so much," he shook his head. "I wanted to organize a surprise for you, because I want you to know that you deserve everything good that this world has to offer," he leaned over and kissed your forehead.

Your eyes became teary, and you shook your head. Michael moved his hands to take yours in his, and he brought them up to his lips and kissed them.

"I'm sorry for not being the man that you need me to be. I promise I'll do better at being a good husband to you,"

"N-No," you sniffed. "Please don't be sorry, you've been the most amazing man to me, and I feel like an idiot for entertaining the idea that you might have cheated," you bit your lip. "And I'm sorry for...ruining the surprise you had planned,"

"You didn't ruin it," he replied. "I bought you a bunch of gifts, and all that Janet has to drop them here tomorrow," he laughed. "The only difference is that you now know about the gifts,"

You broke into a wide smile before bringing your arms to wrap around his neck. He kissed you softly before pulling away to look at you.

Unable to contain your giggles, you sighed. Michael was the best thing that had ever happened to you, and for that - you were eternally grateful.

×××××♡×××××
This sucked😳
It was an old draft.
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
×××××♡×××××