Stone

You smile at the sky, steadily making your way back to your kingdom. The basket of food on your back slowed you down but your didn't feel tired. Everyday since the ball just felt beautiful to you. You drop your gaze, catching sight of a cloaked figure stumbling ahead. You blink and hurry to their side, leaning over to peer at their face, finding the face of a elderly woman.

"Are you okay?" You ask in concern.

"O-Oh... Hello deary, I suppose Im a wee bit tired..." She offers a toothless smile.

"Then sit down," You offer a smile, helping her sit in the grass beside the road, pausing and looking back at the sound of rustling leaves from the trees across the way.

"You wish to help little old me? Even if we're at the mercy of bandits?" She hums, shakily taking the canteen you offer.

"We have nothing to offer, I doubt they'll waste their time." You hum, kneeling and going through your basket. "Here, you must be hungry too," You offer her a small loaf of bread.

"How kind of you but-"

"Enough of that I'll help you if I wish."

"So kind... thank you." She smiles lightly as you help her to her feet.

"Come now. Lets get you to town." You return the smile, leading her on without much trouble. You reach the kingdom and she digs through her small coin sack.

"Oh dear..." She murmurs.

"Hm? What's wrong?" You ask with a frown.

"My money sack had a hole in it and I didn't even notice." She sniffles.

"Hmm... Well... Tomorrow I'm supposed to finish the princess's dress. I can give you some of the money I get paid then." You touch her back.

"So kind..." She smiles as you lead her to your shop and home. "Your husband must be so happy."

"Oh no... I don't have one..." You duck your head with a blush. "I'm too busy to find one anyway." You mutter, leading her inside.

"You sound like a prune." The older woman comments, making you frown. "Next you'll tell me you've never even been kissed."

"I've been kissed." You defend. She turns to you, examining your face with a glint in her eye.

"It was recent wasn't it? Your first kiss?... That's why you're glowing." She smiles a bit mischievous as you freeze, starting to blush.

"I-It was during the ball... But dont tell anyone! I wasn't supposed to be there.." You murmur quickly.

"I see. You know. There's a saying. Be careful! Love can hit like a hurricane." She booms suddenly. You blink at her dumbfounded.

"Sure." You hum before going to your work bench, getting back to work on Vivi's new dress.

"You are a talented tailor." Her murmur knocks you from the zone.

"Yeah? I just do my best since the royal family trusts me to make their clothes..." You murmur as you embed another diamond in the dress fabric.

"That's quite amazing. But dont you think... That they're keeping you from living a full life?" She murmurs. You stop, brows furrowing as you look at her.

"I don't. Its thanks to Vivi that I've gotten to experience things that most peasants dont." You point out.

"Doesn't make your life full." She hums. "Even if you believe that. There is a loneliness in your eyes." Her eyes seem to prod your soul. You shift and look away with a frown.

'Do they really?' You look at the dress troubledas it starts to gleam from the moonlight as the celestial body begins to rise into the sky.

"Tell you what... Since you were so kind to me. I'll think about sparing your kingdom." You blink as her raspy voice becomes smooth and young. You look over as the elderly woman's skin begins to glow with a white light. Her wrinkles smooth and her skin tightens, becoming a bit plump as she straightens to her full height. Her messy gray hair smooths into a jet black gleam that flowed behind her like a dark river. The rags she had been covered in fall away to show a silky kimono adorned with a flower and snake pattern.

"You... You're a witch..." You whisper in awe as she stares down at you with her beautiful glistening eyes. She offers a small smirk in response.

"Indeed. I move from village to village, turning them to stone so their souls can keep me alive and beautiful." She breathes, combing her fingers through her hair. "Usually I'm ignored and pushed about. This is the first time someone has been so very kind to me." She tilts her head. "But I feel sympathy for you as well as admiration... For that reason. Ill give you a chance to save them."

You were confused, but stiffen as a everything around you seems to lose it's color. Even Vivi's shimmering dress ceases to shine, becoming still. You touch it in confusion, finding it hard as stone. You stiffen, suddenly dashing out to look around the town. Everything was coloress. "Vivi..." You run for the castle, passing the still guards as you pull the doors open, hurrying to find Vivi.

You find her at her windowsill, looking out at the town. You stop, not seeing the color of her beautiful blue hair. "Vivi..." You whisper, moving forward and touching her shoulder. Tears creep to your eyes and you hug her stone figure. You squeeze your eyes shut, wishing this were a dream. "I'm sorry Vivi." You tremble, biting your lip. Then you feel the presence behind you and stop. You turn to the witch.

"What do you want me to do?" You ask, clenching your hands into fists.

"It's simple. Find the keeper of your first kiss. And steal it back." She answers. You pale, eyes widening in shock.

"But thats... Impossible. How can I possibly find him again?! There were people from all over the country there!" You gasp.

"You have until the next full moon to find him. I wish you luck." She smiles before going out the door and disappearing. You sink to your knees.

"What am I going to do...?"