Determination

Finally you were done packing, and straighten as you grab the short sword you borrowed from the castle. "The closest kingdom is a day a way... I could get there faster if the horses weren't stone too..." You sigh going out and starting for the gates. You keep your eyes focused ahead, only looking back when you reach the town entrance. "I'll save you. Even if I have to kiss everyone I come across... So please. Just dont break." You breathe before rushing off down the road.

It wasn't long after your kingdom was no longer visible behind you did someone enter your path. You pause, stopping and touching the short sword's hilt.

"Hey. You're from the kingdom." The man comments behind his deer skull mask. "What happened to it? Everything suddenly went grey and... still..." He steps closer. You shift, looking him over. He must be a bandit.

"... A witch cursed it last night... Dont bother trying to loot it. Mostly everything is stone. Even the chests in the treasury." You inform him.

"And yet you're the only one left." He leans forward, blue eyes glinting in the shadow of the mask.

"I don't have much time but I don't know what to do so I'll tell you exactly what happened." You decide before quickly explaining your situation. He soon straightens as you finish.

"Kid went to that banquet too." He tells you.

"Take me to him." You request automatically. He shifts but nods leading you into the forest it briskly. After some time you come to the clearing where the bandits sat around their fires and their tents. They look up as you and the masked bandit step into the camp. You follow the masked bandit to the main tent where the leader sat on a small throne of bones and knives. You blink as you meet the leader's amber eyes. He sits up eyeing you with curious surprise. You don't hesitate to walk up to him grab his collar and smash your lips against his.

He freezes in shock while all the bandits straighten in surprise. You pull away, touching the stone mouse you had put in your pocket and frown with a sigh. "You're not the one..."

"What...??" he breathes in shock. You just shake your head in response.

"You're not him," You tell him backing up. "Sorry I have to go." You give a slight bow, before turning and hurrying out of the camp and back to the road. You quickly move down the road towards the next Kingdom, mentally kicking yourself. Hopefully the Bandit leader wouldn't be mad about the surprise kiss. But you didn't get much further before he reappears in front of you on the path. You stopped looking at him uneasily, he glares back at you panting lightly. You shift rubbing your cheek and offering an awkward nod. "You're mad..."

"Yeah. I am." He growls, "What the hell was that?!"

"A kiss." You say simply. His eye twitches and he takes a step forward. "Look, I'm just trying to save my home from being permanently turned to stone. Sorry if you don't like kisses but I can't let you stop me." You inform him frowning. He pauses, tilting his head as he comes closer.

"What will you do if I try to stop you?" He challenges, eyes boring into yours. You narrow your eyes, widening your stance a bit and touching the hilt of your short sword in response. He searches your face before frowning. "Shit. That's a hell of a weight on your shoulders..." He mutters straightening up.

"Kid. You going?" The masked bandit comes out of the forest with a black horse. You blink in confusion, looking between him and the masked man. Kid watches you a moment longer before nodding.

"Yeah. If that kingdom becomes stone we'll have to relocate. And that's a pain in the ass." Kid says taking the reigns and mounting the horse. "Come on. If you don't have time, then walking isn't going to help." He says holding his hand out to you.