Chapter 7

Lucy POV.
That night, I went home early with Natsu. On the way home, Natsu just stared in the distance with both his hands hidden in his pockets, it looked like he were in deep thoughts so I didn't interrupt. And all I did was stare at Natsu's cherry-coloured hair as I walked slightly behind him with Happy flying behind me enjoying his fish.

"Come in" I said as I opened the door of my apartment. "Thanks.." Natsu replied, walking into my apartment still in deep thoughts. I walked into my bedroom and placed my keys on the desk, Natsu sat at the edge of my bed while Happy just sat at the couch in the living room.

I took a quick shower and changed into my sleepwear. As I walked out of the bathroom, I turned to face Natsu and saw the frown on his face as he crossed his arms. I walked toward him and sat in the middle of my bed, crossing my legs.

"Umm..Natsu?" I began, but he didn't answer.

"Natsu!" I called louder. "Ouh!" Natsu exclaimed, "Ah sorry Luce.." he apologised as he turned to face me.

"What was it you wanted to talk about?" I asked giving him a smile as I tilted my head. Natsu hesitated for a second before he started to speak.

"Lucy.." he began as he looked down. "What if I went on a job that takes 2 weeks?" he asked. "I..think I'll be fine with that." I replied honestly.

"But what if, that job.. requires someone to come with me?"

"I..don't see a problem about that.." I replied, confused.

"What if I said that the person going with me..was a girl?" he said as he looked down even more which covered the lower half of his face.

"A-A girl?" I asked and moved closer to Natsu. "Who is it?" I continued when curiosity got the better of me. "J-just promise me you won't get angry.." Natsu murmured. "I won't, tell me." I replied with my normal tone with a smile.

"L-Lisanna..."

My smile immediately faded away and unexpectedly....even for myself, it changed into a frown. "Lisanna?" I asked. "Yea." Natsu replied.

"Ah, then it can't be helped." I said as I rested my weight on my body and lied down on my bed. I closed my eyes and placed my left arm under my head.

Just then, "It can't be helped?" Natsu whispered beside my ears, I felt his warm breath in contact with my skin which led a chill down my spine.

I was shocked by the sensation so I immediately sat up right, but before I could do that, he pushed me down and had me lying on my bed again. I looked at him in shock.

That's when I noticed that Natsu was face to face with me. I didn't know how he did it because I was sure that he wasn't on top of me. He was just seated beside me at the edge of my bed.

Then, he kissed me on my forehead and moved down beside my ear again, "Aren't you gonna be jealous if I went on a trip with Lisanna?" he whispered....and somehow, I felt that he was teasing me again.

I didn't want to answer his question so I kept quiet for a moment and said, "Then maybe, during your trip with Lisanna, I think I should go on a job with Gray." I lamented.

"Or maybe with Gajeel, maybe going on a break-vacation with Loke or maybe wi-" Natsu cut me down by pressing his lips against mine — and kissed me passionately. He gripped onto my wrist above my head to prevent me from moving.

"How dare you..." Natsu murmured in between kisses. "You're mine..and only mine.." Natsu said and our lips disconnected when the need of air overwhelmed us. He leaned back up and observed me.