KARAOKE NIGHT

Tap here to start writing

JESSICA

"Come on, Leo, please?" I beg as I bat my eyelashes at him. He crosses his arms over his large chest, causing his muscles to bulge. My breath hitches at the sight, not unnoticed by him. Even after being with them for nearly a year, each of them have the ability to make my insides turn to mush. I inch closer and put my hands on his cheeks. "Please, Sparta? For me? We sing together all the time."

"But that's in the car," he says as he puts his hands on my hips drawing me closer, he wiggles his eyebrows, "or in the shower. Not in front of a bar full of strangers."

"But I've been looking forward to this for months. You know I normally do these things with Matt, but the traitor decided this new guy he met is more important than taking down the other singers. They only do a couple's tournament a couple of times a year. Matt and I always seem to take second place. I was looking forward to finally taking home the gold." I lean up and lightly brush his lips with my own.

"Fine, I'll do it," I start to wiggle with glee, "for a favor."

"Done."

"To be cashed in at the time of my choosing."

"Okay," I start peppering his face with kisses. "Besides, your favors usually end up in more fun positions."

"Okay, let's go get ready," he says as he lays a smack to my ass.

Thirty minutes later, we're ready to go. Before we walk out the door, he spins me around pushing me up against the wall. He presses his hips into mine, capturing my lips in a heated kiss, our tongues dueling. After a few moments, he sucks my lower lip into his mouth and releases it with a pop.

"Are you sure you wouldn't rather stay here and have a different kind of fun?" he asks me, a wicked grin on his face.

"Yes," I say with a giggle, and smack my hand on his chest, "I'm positive. Besides, if we win, there will be tons of appreciative fun to be had after." I wiggle out of his hold, and grab my purse, making sure my keys, wallet and phone are ensconced inside. Leo grabs the car keys, and we head out to the bar.

When we reach the bar, we walk in and register ourselves for the tournament. We make our way over to the bar, where Leo orders us drinks. I gratefully take my Crown and Coke from his, taking a small sip. We have to pace ourselves. We will lose if we sing drunk. I walk over to the DJ, and search through the book of songs, looking for the perfect opening song for us. Leo has great range. He can sing really low bass notes, and really high falsetto. It's amazing really. I've never met anyone who sings like him. He and I have the same taste in music. Mostly hard rock, but love other types as well. He can belt out to Randy Travis, then turn around and sing along with Maroon 5.

"What do you think, Sparta? What should our first song be?" I ask, flipping the pages of the book. Around us, the last of the contestants are getting signed up, and the organizers are starting to pair couples up to battle it out.

"How about Broken?" he suggests.

"Yes! That's a great start. I want to sing Almost Paradise, too. Can we end with Broken, though? It's such a powerful song, I feel like it should come last. How about we start with Almost Paradise, then we can sing Just Give Me A Reason, then No Air, and save Broken for the finals? I want to be the first ones to turn in our song choices, because they don't allow repeat songs, and I don't want to have to try to choose again." I'm pretty sure I just bowled him over.

"It's your show, Bear, I'm just along for the ride." I walk over to the organizers and turn in our song choices before another team has an opportunity to choose them first. Another thirty minutes go by as teams turn in their songs, find out their choices are taken, and have to come up with other songs. The organizers finally have all the teams songs, and start writing names onto the tournament board. It's set up just like any other bracket you would see, eight spaces on one sides, with eight on the other. We start out in Sweet Sixteen fashion, until there's only two teams left. Matt and I always make it to the final, but have never quite reached the goal of champions. With Leo, that's about to change. None of the people here have anything on him.