prélude.

chin up. small smile. wave.

that sentence replayed over and over again in her head as she held her husbands hand with a fast beating heart and sweaty palms.

and she should be used to this, she's been in the lights, the cameras flashing in her face, the constant fear of being exposed.

but she wasn't, so there she was holding his hand with the feeling of reluctance with the fear of realizing that she may not be in love with him.

or maybe it was the sudden nausea she was feeling with the nerves of knowing the test is left unanswered on the side of the sink.

chin up. small smile. wave.

those were the only words she wanted to think of and not the constant thought of what if's because what if's led to uncertainty and she needed to make sure everything went according to plan.

however, there were a bunch of things that didn't go to plan that day and behind closed doors there was a fight waiting to happen along with the shouts and the screams.

but for now she can only smile at the camera as a bunch of questions were the only thing she could hear that managed to jumble with her thoughts.

and she used to be in love while she doodled his name in the corners of their invoices.

she used to be happy, the wealth never effecting the love they had for each other.

but now they worked for wealth.

and they love but they're not in love.

she never knew she needed it again