..rêve..

a.n/// kinda forgot i had this back in 2018 lmao enjoy

It wasn't the risk that Elisabeth loved being with Harry.

well maybe a little.

But it was the fact that she didn't have to put on something that she wasn't and she didn't have to wear things that were tight like her pencil skirts and blouses, along with slicking her hair back and worrying if there was enough makeup on her to conceal the fact that she was so tired or crying the night before.

No with Harry it was different.

He made her smile at his cheesy jokes and held her hand without a care in the world.

He kissed her pink plump lips because he felt like it.

And this went on for weeks; the smiles, the holding hands and the kisses.

Elisabeth felt free; well partly anyways.

Because Harry liked her for her and not for anything else and she didn't have to worry about wearing tight clothes and slicking her hair back or worrying about makeup.

But she still hid a major part of her

Like that she was still married and there was still no talk of divorces and they still acted like they were together in front of the public and slept in separate beds at night.

What made it easier for her was the fact that Harry like being secluded from everyone else meaning that she got to be secluded with him for the time being.

And she loved everything about it.

"What's your dream, El?" Harry asked her as they laid on a blanket in the middle of the night staring at the stars that shined brought upon them.

"Um oh that's easy, wishing nothing but success for my company."

Harry only shook his head in disagreement. "That's not a dream that's a goal."

"There's a difference?"

He turned to face her, as he laid on his side, Elisabeth turning to face him as well.

"With a goal there's a deadline, you have a plan for it. A dream can be endless; like to be an astronaut or draw till your arms grow weak."

"I want to smile... genuinely smile and not put on for anyone but myself."

"That's another goal," he said with a shake of his hand as she scrunched her face in confusion.

"How So?"

"Because I intend to put a smile on your face every single day."

And they didn't really know what they were and they both preferred to go without the titles because what really mattered was to be beside each other.

They didn't know how their relationship evolved so quick but after the cafe they loved the realness of each other and the comfort.

One day it went from learning a distinct handshake along with the pat on the back to holding of the hand and quick pecks on the lips.

Even if it was just a couple of weeks since that day, they were together all the time when Elisabeth didn't have to work which was consistent but she tended to put it off more often for him.

And everyone seemed to notice. When she got to work she didn't really have to fake a smile when she was there as Harry kept his promise in making sure a smile would remain.

Even Carter noticed it as they both settled in their offices, Elisabeth kissing his cheek as she normally did but with a bit more pep to her step.

This didn't mean she completely forgot about Carter- he was her first after all and she'd never forget the things they've been through together.

But she was tired of living a fake life and acting like everything was okay when everything shattered within the years.

And she was going to tell him that but for now she decided to be selfish and hide like the coward she was for the companies sake.

And she believed that them splitting would be the hardest thing yet but she realized that the reason why she didn't want to go through it was because it would just show how toxic their relationship was.

So when she went into the office that day she tried to make small talk only for him to ask for time alone to finish his work when in reality he could barely stand to be in the same room as her without remembering their fights and a what could've been baby.

He was so attached to those thoughts that he was slowly forgetting how they loved each other.

And Elisabeth kissed his cheek goodbye and then kissed his cheek hello

while outside of those walls she was laying below the stars with someone who seen the stars in her.

"What's your dream, Harry?" She asked in wonder that same night moments later.

It felt as if time was still for a minute as nothing could be heard except for the beating of her heart and the harsh breaths she let out.

And so she stared at the sky with a feeling of warmth to comfort her.

She didn't expect him to answer her question as his lips trailed from her shoulder, pausing at her neck; leaving multiple kisses.

She felt lost in him as he did she.

"It's a scary feeling, you know. Most of the dreams I've had I made them come true on my own."

"How is that scary?"

He didn't answer. Only placing his hand on her waist, her shirt lifting a bit. He lifted his head from her head, her brown eyes staring at his green ones in curiosity trying to figure out his thoughts.

But he only shook his head as he kissed her pink soft lips. Not once but multiple times- multiple pecks before giving her a long lingering one.

"Right now my dream is to lay beside you every night under the stars."

"That's not a dream, it already came true."

"I said every night, so no it didn't. I hope to have many more with you." He kissed her. "If you let me." 

a.n// this was already prewritten so i didn't have to write anything but i hope to continue this story soon life has just been pretty hectic right now but hopefully i finish this before i go to college :))