Chapter 14: Departure

BREAKING: GOT7'S PARK JINYOUNG QUIETLY ENLISTS IN THE MILITARY

Published on: February 20, 2021

By: **********

SEOUL, S. Korea - Got7's Park Jinyoung officially enlisted into the Marine Corps on February 19, 2021.

The singer-actor said, "Hopefully, when I return, everything's still the same." 

Park Jinyoung will undergo training for six weeks before being assigned a post. JYP Entertainment hasn't released a statement for his reason in enlisting. 

Got7 members sent him regards and wished for this safe return. In the meantime, the group will continue the promotion of their upcoming comeback. 

. . .

"Unnie!" Lisa screamed, waving her phone around as she ran to Jisoo's room. "Take a look at this!" 

Jisoo read the article, her eyes wide. "Oh? He enlisted?" 

Jennie peeked over her shoulder. She pointed to Jinyoung's statement. "That's definitely for you." 

Jisoo frowned. So that's why he sent me the photos. He will be able to see me on television, but with him in the military, I won't get any update from him. 

"The minimum time to serve the military is two years, right?" Jisoo asked. 

"Yep," Jennie confirmed. 

Chaennie's eyes widened. "Really? Oh no, that's such a long time," she whined. 

Jennie patted Jisoo's head. "I'm sure our favorite couple will survive it. Why do I get the feeling he's going there for her?" 

"He's doing it for his country," Jisoo said with a roll of her eyes. "Don't be stupid." 

. . .

February 2021

On a private video message sent by GOT7 to Jinyoung

There was utter chaos as GOT7 fought over the camera. 

"HYUNG!" Youngjae was screaming. "HYUNG! I MISS YOU SO MUCH!"

Bambam's face took over the screen. "Ya! Park Jinyoung!" He laughed at the disrespect he was showing. "Hurry up and get home fast! Don't hit everyone you see-" 

"YA! PARK GAE!" Jackson's nostrils were the only thing that can be seen. "Take care of yourself, okay? We'll take care of Ji-"

"AAAAAAH," Mark scream-laughed into the frame. He and Yugyeom laughed and made faces at the camera. After a few minutes of chaos, Jaebum took the cameras from the maknae and the fake maknae. 

"Take care! Always do well," Jaebum said, sending him a thumbs up. 

End video.