Part 6

Two weeks later

Today I'm going on a run with Luke. Usually Nick or Pete go with him. But today we're looking for medical supplies. I know more about that stuff then those two. So I get to go.

"I don't think you should go." Carlos told me

"I'm going. No matter what you think. I have to."

"You don't have to. Just make Nick go."

"We need to get medical supplies. Nick doesn't know anything about that stuff. I do. So I need to go."

"I'll go. I know what we need."

"You're not going. You need to stay here with Sarah. I've been doing stuff like this everyday for two years. I know what I'm doing."

"I know you know what your doing. I just don't want you going out there."

"Oh my fucking god Carlos. I'm going whether you like it or not. You can't treat me like Sarah and try to hide the world from me."

"Do not bring my daughter into this. Stop being selfish and only caring about what you want."

"Fuck you. I'm risking my life to get supplies for the group. That's not selfish. So fuck off asshole."

I grabbed my backpack and went dowstairs to meet Luke. He was waiting for my by the door. When he saw I was upset he gave me a questioning look. I just stormed past him and went outside. He followed me.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He asked walking next to me

"No."

I looked over at Luke with tears in my eyes. It really hurt me when Carlos called me selfish.

"What happened?"

"Carlos and I got in a fight."

"Was it about you coming with me?"

"Yeah. He didn't want me to. I told him I wanted to come. He called me selfish. So I told him to fuck off and stormed out."

"Shit. You know, he only said that because he cares about you."

I rolled my eyes.

"That's a great way to show it." I said sarcastically

"He's not good with emotions. I had never heard him laugh until you joined the group. He smiles way more too. He loves you so much. He just doesn't want you getting hurt."

"He could have told me how he felt. Instead he was an asshole."

Meanwhile

Carlos' point of view

I went dowstairs and sat on the couch. Pete saw me and sat next to me.

"Do you know whats up with Lexi? She seemed pretty upset when her and Luke. left."

"We got in a fight before she left."

"What did you say to her? She looked like she was about to cry."

I couldn't have made her cry. Could I?
I didn't mean to.

"What? I made her cry? "

"You did. Now what the hell did you do?"

"I told her I didn't want her going with Luke. She said she was going anyway. I told her to stop being selfish and only caring about what she wants. Then she called me an asshole and left."

"Now why would you call her selfish?"

"I don't know. She wasn't being selfish. I was. If something happens to her it's my fault. And if she makes it back fine she'll hate me."

"She won't hate you. She loves you. You love her too, right?"

"Of course. I love her so much."

"Then she'll understand."

"I hope so."

Lexi's point of view

Luke and I were at our third store. I was looking in a back room when I heard a noise behind me. I went to turn when someone grabbed me. I screamed. They put a gun to my head and covered my mouth.

"Don't make another sound, girl."

"Let her go." Luke demanded from behind us

The guy turned around and held me in front of him.

"Take another step and I blow her brains out."

"Just let her go man."

I felt like I was gonna cry. I was terrified.

"Look how scared she is." The guy mocked

"What do you want from us?"

"I want all your supplies. Then I'll let her go."

Luke nodded, set his backpack down and slid it to the guy. He threw me to the ground and picked up the bag. Luke quickly grabbed his gun and shot the guy.