Best Friends' Brother

You and Emma had been friends for a couple of years now after she had saved you from almost completely embarrassing yourself the beginning of freshman year. 

Now heading into your junior year, you were coming to a fork in the road. You had always wanted to become a dancer and always had an aptitude for dance. Your only problem was the fact that you couldn't take a class.  Emma had been a dancer, and with homecoming coming up you figured it would be the perfect time to ask Emma to help you with dancing. You had a pretty modern style, really all you needed help with was the much more classical dancing. 

As you were walking up the steps to Emma's house you started fidgeting with your sweater and shorts. You had never been in front of someone with any form of professional dance experience.  You were obviously nervous. Your stomach seemed to drop further (if that was even possible) as you walked up to the door. Something in you did not feel right. Suddenly it hit you. Square in the shoulder. Benjamin Cook. Emma's (slightly) older brother. You rubbed your shoulder as Ben invited you into the house, and you graciously took the invite to get out of the cold. "Hey Ben, where's Emma?"

"Ouch, nice to see you too Y/N, and she's down in the basement prepping everything," Ben replied flopping on the couch, opening something on his phone and chuckling. You two had never really talked or gotten along, even though Ben was only one year your senior (literally. A senior. He basically had his bags packed to go already.) 

You couldn't think of anything witty to say so you just walked down the stairs into the basement to be greeted by a bright shiny smile from Emma. "Hey, boo thang!" She basically threw herself into your arms as she jumped.  She kissed your cheek and adjusted her neon pink crop top. She got over to the empty space she had cleared out in front of the wall-length mirror and started stretching. You walked over to her and shrugged off your oversized hoodie, revealing your cropped sweater and Nike running shorts. Emma smiled at you, snapped a quick photo in the mirror and then started the music. 

Emma had always been a much more modern dancer, nothing very contemporary. That was the one issue you were running into, you were in love with contemporary dancing and the intimacy between the partners.  Probably came from the deep-rooted hopeless romantic in you. Before you knew it, Emma snapped you out of your trance. 

"Y/N, I'll be right back," She spoke quickly and was off up the stairs. You waited in front of the mirror and started to run through some steps Emma had taught you, getting whisked away into the music. You went to take a step forward but your foot landed funny, yet you didn't fall. You felt the pain shoot up through your leg and meet with a pair of hands rested at your waist. 

"Watch out Y/L/N," Ben spoke in a husky tone into your ear, sending shivers down your spine. 

"So Y/N, I figured Ben could maybe step in for me from here, I've kind of taught you all I can before you learn more of the contemporary stuff." 

You mentally cheered at Emma's words before realizing that she brought Ben down to teach you. 

"Well Y/L/N, let's get started."

Ben gripped your waist firmly with both hands, pressing your back against his chest. You could hear Emma's footsteps up the stairs filling the silence. Ben had always been slightly intimidating, but it was even worse now. 

He wrapped one arm around you, resting it just at your belly button. 

"Stay tight here. Posture is key when it comes to the formal dances. Keep your back and head aligned."

He fired commands at you as he slowly started to lead you through some simple waltzing steps. You started to get comfortable so Ben eased his grip on your waist, before stepping in front of you and leading you slightly. 

"Well, that's a start, plus I have to leave for something. Come back tomorrow and we can continue alright?"

You just nodded and grabbed your stuff. You walked up into Emma's room and flopped you her bed before hearing a door close somewhere in the house. 

"Where's Ben going," Emma questioned looking back at you from her desk. 

"Dunno, just said he had somewhere to be," You said barely looking away from the TV as 'Dirty Dancing' played. A classic. 

After a nice refreshing sleep on Emma's bed, you went down to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. You heard some rummaging and wandered around the corner to see Ben with only a towel loosely wrapped around his waist. You had to admit, he didn't look terrible. You rounded the corner before you could be spotted and tossed away the apple core. 

After a bit of contemplation, you decided to head downstairs. After watching 'Dirty Dancing' last night you were inspired. You turned on the scene where Baby was practicing the steps along the bridge, counting in your head as you watched her feet. You were able to find the music she was dancing to and started doing it yourself. The first few times you messed up the combination, but eventually got the hang of it. You looked up in the mirror, trying to bring your focus away from your feet, and noticed a pair of bright blue eyes staring back at you. 

"Nice job, except your toes, could use a bit more work, but we'll get there," Ben said with a hint of sass. 

'Swallow the butterflies Y/N' your internal voice said as you felt that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. 

"Thanks, Benjamin, glad to know you focus on the details."

"Come here," Ben said wrapping his arm around your waist, drawing you in close. Your faces were just inches apart, you two were practically breathing the same air. "Count with me, 1-2-3-4, real slow and easy." 

"1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, 1-2," You stopped there as you stepped on his toes. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe I just... Oh my gosh!" 

Ben shook his head and couldn't stop from giggling. "Go take a break, get some water, and then be back in 10."

You followed his command and grabbed a water bottle and scrolled through Instagram. After your little break, you wandered back to the dance room and noticed Ben practicing some choreo with some music. His poise and technique were striking. You couldn't help but stare. 

"Close your mouth Y/L/N, you'll catch a fly," Ben joked as he waved you over to him. 

You couldn't think of a funny rebuttal and for once in your life, you were silent. 

"Let's continue the choreo we were working on before my toes got smashed." 

You started dancing again but felt your foot slip into a dip in the floor, and you went down. Hard. It didn't help that you had brought Ben down with you. 

"You okay," he questioned looking into your eyes. 

You nodded before slipping a hand under his chin, bringing his lips to yours. He pulled away gently after a moment, and you were embarrassed. "Ben, I'm so sorry, I got swept up in the moment, I shoul-"

Before you could finish his lips were pressed to yours again, the pair doing their own dance. 

So sorry I haven't been updating, I've been insanely busy with school and trying to get this imagine just right. Thank you so much@GingerPotato23  for making this request, it was so much fun to write and I hope you enjoy it!