C H A P T E R 2

That week went by smoothly, Alice had helped a lot with the kids while I was getting things back on track. Lorenzo has been around. And I'm pretty sure the secret was he had a girlfriend but I'm not sure..... sometimes he'd just space out.

I may have to talk to him, but I'll give him more time first. I FaceTimes GiGi last night and she said she'd visit in a week or so.

Same with Romeo, turns out he is getting sent to Japan next but he'll be able to come home for a month first.

Daniel and Edgar have been having there time but are still here. Although Lèo still doesn't know I'm back. He's been with uncle Jim but uncle Jim's been quiet about everything.

But I'm going to tell him soon, then tell him about Avery and Luke...

     Later that day I ended up factiming GiGi and catching up a bit. The kids had fallen asleep while watching wonder pets.

      There was a sudden knock at the front door, Uncle Jim and Cora were in the basement working.

      They probably didn't hear since the knocks didn't stop, I didn't want the kids to wake up so I rushed downstairs opening the door.

      I looked up to be meet with honey eyes....

       I intently froze, my lungs not getting enough oxygen.  He looked at me but he instantly put up his walls.

    "Is Adam here?" He asked. I could tell he was fighting with himself. 

       "Y-Yes...... but he's b-busy. Erhm.  Sorry, you can wait in the living room." I Said scooting aside so he can come in. Which he did.

     "Mommy? Is that you?" Avery asked as she walked down the stairs towards me. Her arms reaching up, which means she wants me to carry her.

     "Mommy who's this?" She asked. I looked over at Lèo. He looked confused. I wouldn't blame him, I would too.

     "This is Lèo, a uh old friend of mine." I finally said.

      She smiled at him, her hazel eyes shinning with joy. "Hello, I'm Avery. So what brings you here?" She asked getting down and sitting over by him.

      "Well I have to meet with Adam." He coughed a bit. I could tell he was trying to figure something out while maintaining the conversation.

      "Oh you mean Uncle Jim? I'll go get him for you. Mommy will keep you company." She smiled and before I could stop her she had already ran off.

      I sighed. "I'm sorry about her." I Said.

         "So you're her mother then? Who's the father? I'd like to meet him one of these days. Why don't we tell him how we were great buddies back then. Why don't we go right now. I can talk to Adam another time." He said almost shouting as he got up.

     "Lèo please let me explain.." I said trying to calm him down so Luke or anyone else would hear.

     "What is there to explain? There's nothing wrong, other than the fact that you left. No note no text no call no NOTHING! You just got up and left. How could you do that to me? You could've talked to me if something was wrong. You could've but you didn't. Instead you left." He said. I could see his eyes watering but he didn't dare let them go.

UNCLE JIMS POV:

       I could hear Val and Lèo arguing upstairs. I wanted to let them talk it out even though it might cost my house. But it's for the best.

      I told Cora to look after Avery while I went through the second set of stairs that leads upstairs.

     I slowly walked into the kids room and carried Luke back to the basement. I knew Lèo and Val were not a threat nor would they ever hurt the kids but I didn't want them to hear this.

      "Ok kids we are gonna go on a little trip ok? Mommy is having an adult conversation so we need to leave. We will come back tomorrow morning." I Said gently so they wouldn't be frightened.

     They were hesitant but nodded. I was taking them to a cabin I had bought for me and Cora for our little get aways.

       As I was about to close the door I left a note so she wouldn't be worried. I just hoped everything went ok. And for Lèo to find out the truth. 

LÈO'S POV:

       How could she be so calm while I'm trying to keep everything in? I didnt understand women at times.

      We had eventually sat down. The three years she was gone, I blamed everything on myself thinking what I did wrong. Thinking what did I do that drove her away.

     Everything had been perfect until she left. I had even told uncle Jim to track down her info but she changed everything.

     "Lèo I need you to sit down and listen. I didn't leave because I didn't want to be anymore. I left because I was pregnant. I didn't know what to do or who to tell. So I left, and now that think over it I was selfish and was only thinking about myself. And I'm so sorry for that. But Lèo....... Avery and Luke are your kids." She said as a tear streamed down her face.

      "They-they are? I never thought I'd be a father so soon." I kinda laughed.

     "How old?" I asked. Looking back up.

        "Three years, they are both twins too. They were born May 22, in Verona Italy. " she spoke.

     That's why they have a bit of an accent.

     "I'm glad you finally told me." I smiled.

         "Now, its time to begin a new chapter. A new us, and be there for the kids so they won't be confused." She said and smiled back.

      To a new beginning...

                          ••••••••••

A/N: holy moly it has been forever since I've posted. And im sorry I'll try not to let it happen again, I actually got it taken away for something but I got it back and I tried finishing up this chapter. Next chapter will be up by Monday or sooner, depending on if I don't do anything stupid. But anyways hope you enjoyed and again sorry for being so late:)