I'll Never Be The Same Again

Months went by, and Ashley had developed such strong feelings for Andy that he truly began to believe that he was the one.
Andy was the one
At the time, however, Ashley was still only learning how to love and he felt so confident, that his baby steps were becoming... giant steps.
He went out to see Andy every other night, snuggling in the backyard and looking up at the stars.
"Look, babe. A shooting star." Andy would point to the sky as a star shot across the sky. "Y'know... when you see a shooting star, I like to believe it means the sky opens up to hear your wish, and it's more likely it'll come true."
Ashley smiled lovingly at Andy and looked at the sky, closing his eyes and making a wish.
"What did you wish for?" Andy whispered.
"I can't tell you, silly! Then it won't come true!" Ashley giggling, hitting him playfully. Ashley had wished that the night would never end. However, even the best of things come to an end.
Ashley just didn't know that applied to everything.
"Happy 4th of July!" Ashley heard a voice outside his window and grinned, looking out to see Andy at the bottom, wearing a red tee shirt, his favorite skinny jeans and converse. "Can you get out yet?" He whispered.
Ashley bit his lip and checked the hall, coming back to the window and nodding. "My mom and dad are sound asleep." He grinned. "I'll be down in a minute."
Ashley shut his window and quietly left the house, forgetting that he had left his bedroom door wide open. But that didn't matter, right? It was harmless. Or so Ashley thought...
Andy took Ashleys hand in his and kissed him happily.
"I missed you." he murmured, nuzzling his nose against Ashleys. Ashley giggled quietly, blushing faintly.
"I missed you too..." he whispered and wrapped his arms around Andys neck.
"C'mon. Let's get back to my house so we can go watch fireworks. I have a great view." He smiled and walked to his house with Ashley.
The walk there was quiet, but calming. It was silent and perfect... Walking in the moonlight with Andy was all Ashley could dream of... It was perfection at it's finest.
Around 3:30, Ashley had ended up falling asleep on Andy's chest, lulled to sleep by the sound of Andy's voice singing softly. Andy smiled at the delicate boy, sound asleep. "I love you, Ash.." he whispered quietly, brushing his hair back.
Suddenly, Andy's found began to ring. Andy frowned. He didn't know this number.
"oh my god." Ashley gasped.
"Oh, you're awake. Do you recognize-"
"That's my dad's number, oh my god, Andy." He whimpered and stood up, pacing back and forth.
"Shh, shh, babe, I got it... don't worry. Quiet down for a sec..." He walked a few feet away and answered the phone. "Hello?"
"Hello- Andy, yes, this is Ashley's father." the man on the other end sounded frantic- scared. This only made Andy worry more.
"Oh, hello. Is something wrong?" He asked, trying to sound like he had just been woken up by yawning mid sentence.
"We don't know.. Ashley's mother noticed his door open and didn't see him and the front door was unlocked as well. He isn't anywhere in the house, and we can't seem to find him. Did he say anything to you?"
"Um... no. I'm sorry, I just woke up, sir." He lied.
"Okay... if you know anything, call us.. Please.." The man's voice cracked before hanging up.
"Andy, what's going on?" Ashley whimpered.
"They know you're missing, now c'mon. I need to get you home." Andy grabbed his hand and ran down the street, stopping mid way.
"Andy...?" Ashley frowned, tears in his eyes.
"I... I can't keep going. If they see me, they'll know where you were. When they ask, make something up, okay?" he whispered. "You're going to be okay. I promise." Andy kissed him softly and hugged him tight before walking back. Ashley nodded, hugging himself tight as he continued the rest of the way home, bursting into tears the moment he saw a cop car in his driveway.
"Ashley?! Oh my god, where have you been?!" His mother engulfed him in a hug. Ashley cried harder.
"I'm sorry, mom. I di-didn't know I was so far away. I- I was taking a walk and sat down. I must have fallen asleep, and I'm sorry." he sobbed.
"Sh.. Darling, it's okay.." she sniffled and brought him inside. "Thank you for your help, officer. But he's home."
"I'm glad to see you're alright, Ashley" the officer stood and smiled, going back out to his car.
"I'm going to bed..." Ashley croaked and ran to his room, crying himself to sleep- despite it being 5 in the morning by then. "Andy..." he cried. He wanted Andy...