chapter 2 ; famous

We continued chatting Everyday after school and Jungkook eventually found out that I was an ARMY.

However, after I Need U came, BTS rose to fame.
I was watching BTS on music bank on the tv.

"BTS! Congratulations!" 

They won! Finally! I could see the shocked look on their faces as they received the award. They started singing I Need U and putting lipstick on each other.
A few of them started crying which warmed my heart. They really deserved that award.

After they left the stage, I waited a few minutes before texting Jungkook.
Eunji: Congratulations on your first win Kookie! I watched you guys on the tv!
*Ring Ring*
I picked up my phone and answered Jungkook's video call immediately.
Eunji: "Annyeong!!"
Jungkook: "Hello!"
Eunji: " Congratualtions! How do you-"
Jungkook ended the video call
I sigh.
Ding!
Jungkook: Sorry about that. Jimin walked into the room and I didn't want him to see:(
Eunji: It's okay, text me later yeah?
Jungkook: We are going to eat Korean BBQ to celebrate later, I'll text you tomorrow.
Eunji: Okay, have fun!
I tried to hide my disappointment because I didn't want to ruin his mood.
The next afternoon
I texted Jungkook and hope he replies quickly.
I haven't had a proper text conversation in a week because of his busy schedule.

Ding!
Finally!
We start chatting about our day and stuff. I tell Jungkook that I hear girls in the school talking about him and how they fangirl a lot.
Jungkook: Haha, don't worry. Cause you're my only girl, neoneun naege choego~
That one text message makes my heart flutter, a feeling that I never felt from a guy before.
It gave me hope that he's trying to flirt and that there's a chance between us.
Jungkook: So, how's school? Am I missing out on a lot of homework?

Eunji: So much homework, urgh. But the girls in the school are going completely crazy over you, it's probably because you're famous now.
Jungkook: Someone's getting jealous hehe ;)
I try to deny it, thank goodness we weren't video calling. I suck at telling lies because my face says everything.

We text until 8pm without even realising it.
Eomma: "Eunji! Dinner's ready!"
Euji: "Okay mom! Just a sec!"
I explain to Jungkook that my mother wants me to eat dinner so we had to stop texting.
I walk to the kitchen, finally relieved that I got to chat with my crush after so long.

"Someone looks happy, is it because of a boy?" my mother asks teasingly.
"Maybe..." I reply

Throughout dinnertime, I talk to my family about Jungkook and who he is. I find myself blushing just talking about him.
"Someone's really in love, you know, Eunji, you are already 16 and we trust you to make your own decisions. But please be careful about dating okay, don't let him break your heart," my father says.
"Okay dad, I will," I say and run upstairs to my bedroom.

I text Jungkook for a few more hours.
Jungkook: Okay Eunji, we had a meeting just now. We will be super busy for the next 2 months :(
Eunji: Why? What will you guys be doing?
Jungkook: We have been invited to many variety shows and will be doing many interviews. We also are nominated for many awards so I won't be going to school for 2 months :(
I realise that today would be the last time I would get to have a long conversation with him in a long time
Eunji: Oh:( Well I guess it's a good thing because you guys are going to be very successful that way.
Jungkook: Yea but it is going to be very tiring.
Eunji: Fighting! I'll wait for you:) Goodnight!"
Jungkook: Goodnight Eunji!"

I slowly type down the words "I like you..."
I want to hit send so badly but I'm scared that he doesn't feel the same way.
I put my phone away to stop myself from staring at our conversation, waiting for Jungkook to say something even though he went offline.

Jungkook's POV
I see " Eunji is typing..." on my phone and decide to wait to see her message.
Suddenly "Eunji is typing..." disappears and I don't get a message from her back. Disappointed, I put my phone down and go to my bed.
I lie down but I can't fall asleep because I keep thinking about Eunji.
I really really like her.
I'll miss her a lot.