I Miss The Happy Me

Kidou's P.O.V

I leant on my elbows on the table as I propped up my head up on my hands as I quietly sighed to myself, deep in thought.

'(L/n) was being really mysterious. I didn't want to annoy her in any way, or make her upset! That's the last thing I want! I just want to know more about her since we're friends.

Hmm..she was watching our soccer practice...maybe if I invite her along to watch I could learn abit more abou-'

"Kidou!"

I was unexpectedly drawn out of my thoughts as I heard (F/n) shout my name. I immediately stood up and ran to her side to see if she was ok. But as soon as I was by her, she lifted her head up and stared into my eyes with her moon-like ones. An unexpected smirk curving on her face making me knit my brows in confusion.

'I've never seen her smirk before...' I thought while smirking. 

But what caught me off guard was when she as if at lightning speed,  managed to extend her arms to drag my goggles from the top of my head and down to my eyes. I jolted up from my bent position, my cheeks bright pink from her skin brushing unintentionally over my face. Before I could say a word, she grabbed me by the arm and dragged me to the window, I stumbled at her much surprising force.

(F/n) pointed at the window, I was beyond confused. She wasn't speaking, so I just sighed and looked outside the window. I scanned the view for a while, I saw the tennis courts, kids leaving school, some studying......SOCCER PRACTIE?!

My eyes widened in panic as I saw Endou, Gouenji, Shirou and the rest of the team practicing. I jolted backwards, and what was (F/n) doing?

She was practically laughing hysterically through her hands, trying to cover it up by coughing. I wasn't really surprised at that action though,

'All she's been doing is hiding something from me, preventing me from knowing anything about her...' I thought before I snapped back into reality. By this time, (F/n) had composed herself, while I was still in shock that I was currently missing soccer practice!!

Again, before I could suggest anythi-

"Race you there?"

(F/n) was in a ready-to-run sort of stance.

"How could I turn down an offer like that" I stated with a smirk, but all she did to my surprise was smirk back, she earned a shocked glance from me but I quickly turned it into a your-on-it one.

(Y/n) P.O.V

Wow, this is really the first time I've felt like I can be myself. I was so ready to take on Kidou-kun. At this point, I couldn't care less about the consequences of this race. I smirked a proud smirk as he replied 

"How could I turn down an offer like that" in a playful voice.

'So Kidou isn't all that serious the whooole time' I thought curiously.

He placed himself into a ready stance next to me and,

"3.....2.....1....GO!" We both shouted taking off like rockets in space. I saw Kidou's surprised face as he turned to see me bolting right beside him.

Though, as soon as I took off, I felt a sharp pain in my hip that was slowly moving up to my back. I thought I was going to have to stop, but the adrenaline as I practically sprinted down the stairs was enough to numb the pain. 

I smiled, it wasn't even a smirk. I smiled as I ran.

'I haven't done this for so long' I thought dreamingly. This thought pushed me through the whole race. By the time we were outside I was long in front of Kidou. I ran with all my heart, because I didn't know when the next time would come, or if I would be able to do this again without feeling pain. I thought deeply, and frowned...But I was going to live in the moment. I looked back, and saw Kidou's concentrating face catching up to me. At this point, the numbed pain was catching up to me aswell, but I was NOT going to loose. I sprinted the last bit happily, earning confused looks from everyone around me. I managed to cross the pitch line before him, and soon after I stopped, I collapsed onto my knees from the exhaustion...and the now excruciating pain. Kidou had finally got to the soccer field now panting and out of breath.