a kind gentleman in black.

( duke's POV )

I walked down the stairs down to the entrance of my castle that I called my home. what I saw slowly intrigued me. a human? there was a human girl standing in the entrance of the castle. soaking wet and boots slightly muddy. she was shivering. I sighed. at first thoughts thinking I could at least get a good meal out of the girl. oh come on im a man of class! im not going to attack a teenage girl when she is muddy and soaking wet! and plus I don't want to get wet either when I suck the teenager's blood. I leapt down from my perch on the balcony and land on the floor the girl gasped at my appearance. " i-im sorry! i-i didn't mean to barge in i-its just that the place looked abandoned! im so sorry!! " she sputtered apologies. I smiled gently at the girl. " it is alright my dear " I said. I walk up to her. " my name is duke. and you are?~ "I purred out. " Y-Y/N " she stuttered. " Y/N~ " i said. letting the name roll off my tongue. " I like it~ " I said. " t-thanks " she said. "I see that you are in a rather.. inconvenient situation right now. would you like a change of clothes? I don't want to leave you in those "I said wanting this to be over quick so I could just suck her blood and be done with it. but.. it was quite enjoyable having someone else to talk to then myself. after all. the locals of town are very aware of my existence and me being a vampire. therefore no one ever came here. " y-yes please " she said. " follow me dear. we need to get you warm and dry " i said. " t-thank you again sir " she said. " please. call me duke " i said kindly. i walked to the door under the balcony and made sure the teenage girl known as Y/N was following. I took her to the living area of the castle. I had her sit down in front of the fireplace. " stay here dear. I will go find you something suitable for you to wear. " I said. 

( back to normal view )

you sat in front of the fireplace. soft crackles and pops coming from the flame. your eyes wandered the area around you. the area was very large. it almost seemed like there were hundreds upon hundreds of books stacked upright against each other in bookcases and shelves. " i see your taking interest in the book collection I have " the voice of duke broke your train of thought. " heh sorry if I wasn't paying attention " you said. he had in his hands a small folded pile of laundry. " im sorry if it's not really to your tastes its the best I could find " duke said with a soft chuckle. " its alright " you said with a smile. he carefully set the clothes beside you. he caught you staring at the bookcases again. " once you change you can feel free to browse my book collection. if you would like some other options I do have a library " he said. "I do want to make you comfortable in my home untell you depart after the storm " he said. " t-thank you " you said. "it's my pleasure " he said. "I shall leave so you may change. the bathroom is right over there " he said pointing down the short hallway. he sat down in one of the antique velvet chairs and watched as the fire crackled and popped as the flames danced in the fireplace gracefully. you got up and held the clothing duke had given you. you escorted yourself to the bathroom and changed. you opened the door and saw a cat with an unamused expression. " hello there " you said. you crouch down to the cat's level. " such a beautiful feline " you said looking at the black and bluish grey cat. " why thank you " he said. your eyes widened. " w-wow I really am tired im even hearing things " you said. "you're not hearing things my dear. my name is minose. " the slender black and grey cat said. " w-wait.. so you can really talk? " you asked. " of course my dear. for I am no ordinary cat " he said. " may i have your name dear? " he asked as his tail waved back and forth slowly behind him. " its Y/N L/N " you said. " it is a pleasure to meet you miss L/N " he said. " same here " you said with a smile. " I have a few questions if you wouldn't mind answering them " you said. " of course my dear im all ears " he said as his ears twitched putting definition to his statement. " why and how can you talk? does duke know that you can speak? and my last question is how did you end up in a castle like this? " you asked. " my master found me of course. and. yes. he does know. for the other question... im not going to answer. after all~ its fun to keep people guessing. " he purred out as he walked down the hall. " you must hurry now. we can't keep duke waiting can we? " he asked. you shook your head and follow the cat back into the living area. you saw the cat sitting in front of the fireplace next to the spot where you were. " I hope that they fit alright " duke said turning to you. " y-yes, thank you again for giving me a change of clothes " you said. you sat down next to minose and he slinked into your lap. you were slightly startled by the cat's action but started to let your hand caress the cat's lengthy and slim body. a soft rumbling came from the cat as it took in  deep breaths and let them out. "I see minose has taken a liking to you " duke said but slightly in disbelief. " really? " you asked looking at duke then the cat settled into your lap. " he doesn't even like me " duke said before getting up and stretching out a finger and got it near minose. at that instant minose rose his head and bit down on duke's finger. minose put his head back down and curled back up. " see what I mean? " duke stated more than asked. " I wonder why he likes me " you said. " same here " duke said. " im going to see if the storm has let up " duke said. he got up and walked over towards the door. after about 2 minutes he walked back in. he let out a sigh. " well my dear. sorry to say this but it seems you will be staying the night. with how bad the storm is it won't let up untell morning at least. " duke said. " eh. you can't help it so don't be sorry " you said. 

( duke's POV ) 

I didn't understand it. why was minose so fond of this girl? he never lets anyone touch him let alone sit in their lap and let them pet him. and I knew if I asked he wouldn't tell me either way. so its best to let it be. " I have a spare room you can use for tonight " I said. " r-really? I would be fine with the couch I don't mind- "I cut off the teenaged girl. " no no I insist. you are my guest and I want to make you as comfortable as possible " I said. little did she know that the storm had started by itself. yes. but I was the one making it rain right now. the actual storm had stopped just a little while before I went to check if the storm had stopped. I bowed to Y/N with my statement. " follow me my dear " he said. minose knew she was going to get up and slid off her lap. I offered my hand to her and helped her up. " thank you duke " she said with a sweet smile. that smile made something stir in my stomach. I completely ignored it. thinking it was what I usually felt. HUNGER. I walked out of the room and down a hall. walking up the stairs. " just this way my dear " I spoke. I walked down the hall and stop at a wooden door. " here is your room for the night. " I said. "I will have your clothes dry for you in the morning " I said. honestly it was a complete lie because I was going to drain the youthful teenager of her blood before dawn. 

( to be continued :3 )