Chapter 1 | The Rest Of Our Lives

01. THE REST OF OUR LIVES

 THE REST OF OUR LIVES

• • • • • •

JOE

It's been two amazing years since Charlotte and I got back together and to be honest, we've grown so much. It's been healthier and greater than before and a lot of things have happened in the last two years, great things actually with no drama from nobody, not even my dad.

It all started when Charlotte audition for a lead part in a Broadway musical which she got and is now nominated for a Tony Award. I've had my ups and downs, lose Wrestlemania 31 but that didn't stop me from becoming the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

For Alex, she's been doing great, happy to see her parents togather. Speaking of me and Charlotte, I couldn't be even more in love or happier with Charlotte. And now I knew, well I always knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her and make her my wife. 

So today, I gathered up her family to asked them a very important question. 

"So what's up, Joe. Why did you call all of us here?" Tiara asked. I cleared my throat while scratching the back of my head. 

"Oh well," I started a little bit more nervous.

"Omg, are you gonna propose to Charlotte?" Mrs. Thompson asked and the family looked at me with wide eyes.

"Well, um yes. You know I love Charlie very much and I want to spend the rest of my life with her and make her my wife but before I asked her, I wanted to ask her family first...so....." I trailed off and Mr. Thompson cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, I don't know if I want her to marry someone like you, Joe," Mr. Thompson said with a shrug. 

"Yeah, me neither" Tiara agreed as the rest nodded. I looked at them with "sad" eyes until they all started bursted out laughing which made me frown.

"We're kidding" Tiara laughs. 

"Yeah, we are only kidding Joe. I mean we've always wanted the best for Charlotte. We want her to be loved and happy, and she gets all that and more with you" Mrs. Thompson says with a smile.

"Yeah, I hope so," I told them honestly. 

"Well, it's true. Joe. I see the way my daughter looks at you, you make her so happy and you're such a great father to Alex. We give you, our blessing" Mr. Thompson says with a smile.

"Thank you, that means a lot to hear from you," I said with a smile. 

"You're welcome, future son in law" He laughs and I laugh with him.

"So do you get a ring to cause my sister, she is so out with that kinda stuff," Tiara asked. 

I nodded, shifted into my pocket to reveal a dark red box. I opened it, Tiara and Mrs. Thompson gasped at the ring.