2nd chapter •♠️• Scarlet the Rose

2nd chapter of Kingdom Crown
♠️
Scarlet the Rose

Artimas took a breath of fresh air after stepping out the doors of the silver and stone building where the exam
Took place.

The exams took hours to complete. Each varied from task to task for each exam But none were anywhere close to the same. They all require a task to be completed. Depending on how well the student did, it would determine how the test scored.

Artimas struggled to create anymore energy after his first test so failed his tests since he uses energy as weapons. Although he failed his test, he sparked the attention of a certain individual. He just didn't know it yet.

He stretched and let out a sigh.

Vurderion, located well above the city of EverWest, stood like a castle. White and gold shimmered off it's surface.

It's training field, where the exams and Artimas were, was also above the city but not as much as the castle. Even though Vurderion owns this field, it was miles away from the school.

Students have so much space to train, Artimas thought. He looked out to the distance at the setting sun. The orange light reflected off the castle like a shining sea. The view us unmatched.

"Move." A boy shoulders him out the way disturbing his moment.

he eyed the boy. His hair's black along with his clothes. He looks gothic wearing all black. Many chains hanged from his neck like he was some sort of blinged out rapper. His hands remained in his pocket as he walks down the marble stairs that lead off to the city.

He's probably just upset he failed, he thinks.

He look over to the city again then starts down the stairs.

he catches with the corner of his eye. It sends shivers down his spine as he realized a hooded person staring down at him from afar.

He pushes his eyes away from it. Trying not to make eye contact and walks faster, descending into the city. The hooded figure disappears from his sight once he enters the busy streets of EverWest.

He walked down to the market district forgetting about the creep. Artimas likes wondering here to see all the things he dreams of buying.

He walked pass merchants selling golden jewelry with gems and rubies, stores with silver armor and silver weapons shielded by glass. Items that can make the wimpiest kid a hero of dreams.

Artimas pressed his face against the glass looking at the armor and weapons he could never afford. He cringes every time he looks at the price, "200,000 units." He steps away from the glass with a frown.

Again the hooded figure caught the corner of his eyes. Staring at him from a distance. It stood between people that crisscross by it. People went to and from stores constantly and it hid behind them.

There is no words to describe Artimas's feelings now. His eyes widen at this creepy feeling crawling in his skin. This wasn't an accident anymore.

He quickly turns and starts speed walking home. This time the figure followed. Artimas did a quick turn in a corner. It did the same. He turns right then left. The figure creeped closer. Artimas couldn't believe it was actually following him. It was like a creepy story that his parents would tell him where the kid ended up being never seen again.