Chapter 41

I opened my eyes and I was back in the room I was in during my dreams. I wasn't tied down this time and I was able to move freely. The room was just four solid concrete walls with no doors or windows. The table was in the middle. It's straps and everything were just like I had just been untied.

Footsteps became apparent on the silence. I was confused as there was no where they could come from without me seeing the source. The footsteps stopped and I readied myself. I heard a dripping noise.

I turned to the corner of the room that the noise was loudest. From the ceiling, a black liquid oozed from the cracks and fell to the floor. I walked over and let a drop fall onto my finger. It was like oil. I let it drip off my finger to the floor. It left no residue on my finger and I noticed the liquid had quickened it's pace. More was flowing than before.

I backed up as what was only a drop became like a sink that's tap was all the way open. I was against the wall as it became a large stream. The floor became a rising puddle. I stared in horror as almost copious amounts of this liquid poured into the room. It was to my waist and still rising. I watched the bed sink into the liquid.

I felt a hand grab me. I looked at the fully black hand as it began to pull more of itself from the liquid. Arms came from the liquid and finally the entire upper half of a body. The ooze was at my shoulders and it was almost impossible to move my body.

The figure grabbed my shoulders and pushed it's lips onto mine as we both seeped under the liquid's surface. I held my eyes close fully expecting to drown. I held my breath and was waiting til my supply of oxygen ran dry, and I'd have to let the ooze into my body and drown me. When I heard a soft voice.

"It's okay. You will not die. It's safe to breath it in. I promise I'll keep you safe." It said. I still held my breath as long as I could. It felt like my lungs were gonna burst, but I held it just a little longer before breathing it in. Just like the voice said. I was fine. There was no terrible feeling as my lungs were invaded by the foreign substance. I was fine. I opened my eyes and the room had completely changed. It looked like a mansion from a fairy tale actually.

A lone girl stood in front of a massive window where the moon's rays shined brightly on her jet black hair and dress. Frills of white and black draped over the floor as her gown attempted to keep the rest of her body from the outside world. I walked up the stairs to her side. She stared out the window into the moon, and didn't speak for what seemed an eternity. It was cold in this place, but I felt oddly warm by her side.

Finally she turned and looked at me for the first time. Her deep red eyes were like rubies. Her pale skin contrasted perfectly with her dress.

"Do you like it here?" She said looking back out the window. I tried to speak, but no sound came out. I simply shook my head. She looked saddened a little and sighed.

"I don't like it here either. It's always so cold here. The sun never shines here." She said putting her hand on the wooden window frame. Frost formed on it the moment her hand made contact with it. I watched her retract her hand in fright and a slight squeak escaped her mouth.

I reached out to her, but she stepped back to avoid my touch. Where she had been standing had nearly frozen solid and frozen crystals began to melt.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled walking even further back. The anger in her eyes softened, and she became at ease again.

"I'm sorry, but just don't touch me. It's for your safety. I've been cursed with this power. I can't control it. Everything I touch begins to freeze. I'm always so cold and lonely. I'd hate to kill you by freezing you solid." She said walking back to the window. I nodded and made sure not to accidentally touch her.

"I'm sorry about contacting you this way. The only way to talk to you is through the void. That's the darkness I've always been cloaked in all the other times." She said sitting on the frame of the large window. The glass almost immediately began to frost over and the wood became covered in small crystals.

"You should probably go warm up by the fire. You're starting to turn blue." She said looking at the ground and pointing the way I had came.. I held up my hands and they were nearly blue from frostbite. I turned around to face the direction she was pointing. A small fire burned in the fire place.

I ran to it and began to warm myself. She stayed where she was. I motioned for her to warm herself by the fire. She shook her head.

"If I sit by the fire, I begin to melt. I long to sit by it and feel it's warmth; however it begins to give me horrendous visions of me melting. When I open my eyes, I watch droplets of water drop from my hands. I can never sit by it for too long. It's almost out now from my attempts. It slowly goes out from my power." She said as frozen tears began to fall from her face. I jumped up and began to run to her when a wall of ice separated us.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it. It's not the first time I've cried and it won't be the last. Just go warm yourself, before you freeze." She shouted from the other side. I did as I was told and went back to the fire.