D.C. Part One

ABBY

6:00am F R I D A Y M O R N I N G

I woke up to the alarm on my phone playing My Love by Sorrow.

I got out the bed and started getting dressed. I didn't have time to shower we had to be at school by 7am. I changed out of my pajamas and put on a pair of jeans and a tshirt. I threw on a pink hoodie, brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. I put my hair brush in my suitcase and made sure I had everything I needed.

I grabbed my purse off of my door and went downstairs for breakfast. I'm carpooling with Ethan, Briana and Seth. Justice was already eating a bowl of cereal. She was still in her pajamas and her hair was in a loose ponytail.

"Ready?" I asked her while grabbing the Frosted Flakes out of the pantry.

She nodded and pointed to the garage door where her suitcase was.

6:30am

Justice and I put our luggage in the back of my Range Rover and we went to Seth's house first.

When I pulled into Seth's driveway Seth was walking out the door with his mom. I put my car in park and got out to say hi to Mrs.Maynard.

"Seth do you have your wallet with you? Don't lose it. Keep your backpack with you at all times and fix your hair. Do you have your phone charger?" Mrs.M said going through Seth's backpack.

"Mom you did this last night I'm good. I don't want to be late I got to go."

"Alright well text me when you get to the school and call me when you get to the airport. Call me when you board and call me when you land. Send pictures!"

"Okay mom." Seth gave his mom a hug. It was so cute.

I gave Seth a hug and went to give Mrs.M a hug too.

When we got in the car Seth sunk down in his seat, "You'd think I was going to college or something. It's just a week."

We picked up Ethan then Briana and got to the school by 6:50

Everyone was outside with their suitcases. There were two lines. One for check in and another to see who your assigned buddy is. Yeah we have "Buddies" it's the person we have to sit by on the flight, the bus ride to the airport, the bus ride everywhere, and it's one of the people you room with. From what I can tell most seniors have been paired with underclassmen.

"Abigail Walker." I told Ms.Harp, who was one of the many chaperones on the trip.

"Yes, Abigail, your buddy is Rachel Simmons. Do you know her?" She asked not looking up from her papers.

"There has to be a mistake."

"Abigail I don't have time for this move."

I stepped out of line and waited for Justice, Briana, Ethan and Seth.

"Judging by your face you probably got an underclassmen huh?" Ethan asked me.

At this point my fun trip to D.C. is ruined and we haven't even left yet.

"Worse. Rachel."

"Damn." They all said.

"Well if it makes you feel any better I got Nicole." Briana said.

"It doesn't." I told her.

"Well we gotta go see Ms.White and find our buddies. See you guys on the bus." Ethan and Justice left hand in hand. Honestly they make the cutest couple and I have no clue why Ethan hasn't asked her out yet.

8am

It's time to get on the bus and you can't get on unless you have your buddy with you so me, Briana, Nicole, Starr, Justice, Ethan, Jordan, Cammi, Chloe and some underclassmen are waiting for Caleb, Rachel, Aaron and Adam so we can all sit together.

"Let's get in line at least." I suggested and right at that moment I see Rachel and Qintell walking towards us. I start walking to the end the line not waiting for any body's response.

"Hey buddy." Rachel says when she and Qintell finally catch up to us. Aaron, Adam and Caleb cut the line to stand with us. "I get the window seat on the plane and on the bus." Rachel said.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. I really can't stand this girl. Nicole didn't look too happy. She had her arms crossed and she wasn't standing near anyone really but she was in the middle obviously trying not to pick a side.

We got on the second bus. There wasn't a lot of kids on the bus so we got the back of the bus to ourselves. There's enough students on the trip to fill up every seat on the plane or at least that's what Ms.Harp said.

We are on the plane. It's packed with students on this trip and of all these students I'm stuck next to Rachel.

She's reading her stupid magazine and she's being abnoxious about it. She gasped so loudly it gave me a mini heart attack.

"Qin! Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama broke up!" She said so loudly when Qintell was right in front of her.

The flight attendant came over with Ms.Harp to make sure everything was okay.

"Rachel you can't be loud like that. We thought something was actually wrong. Be courteous of others and keep it to yourself." Ms.Harp said.

"Can I change my seat?" I asked the flight attendant but Ms.Harp answered instead.

"No Abby. Rachel is your buddy."

"But my Buddy doesn't want to be my buddy and I don't want to be hers."

"Is this true?" Ms.Harp asked Rachel.

"No not all. I like my buddy." Rachel said with the fakest smile I have ever seen. Ms.Harp believed her and left.

I looked over to Rachel who was still smiling, "You're a bitch" I told her just like that.

"Now I don't know why you hate me so much, Abby I did nothing to you. Instead it should be me giving you all this hate but you don't see me going around calling you a bitch."

"Because you are one! You kept getting me in trouble you stole my boyfriend you're just jealous of me and you try to take everything I have and make me look bad but I'm not having it anymore I am so sick and tired of seeing you."

"Abby you're just mad that I am better than you. I may not be as rich as you are but I am better than you are and it pisses you off so you call me jealous but I'm not. You kept getting in trouble because you can't control your emotions. Adam dated me because he realized he made a mistake going out with you and that made you mad especially when our relationship lasted longer than yours. I don't want everything you have. You're blinded by anger."

"Are you kidding? Get over yourself you're trying to make my life hell just admit it. What is it because you liked Seth but he didn't like you back? Is it because you wanted to be my friend and we never hung out or anything? Come on Rachel it had to be something?"

"You know what yeah, I used to like Seth but he was busy liking you and no I don't want to be your friend, Abby not everything is about you." Rachel put her headphones in her ear and looked out the window.

I still can't believe she would say something like that Seth does not like me, he never did we're friends. We've been friends forever there's no way he would.

I now realize how many people were listening to us and watching us go back and forth which was basically the whole plane including Adam and Seth. I put my head phones on and listened to music to calm me down for the rest of the plane ride.