My love

Delia's POV:

As I wake for my shift at the London I sit on the edge of my bed, Re-reading that letter Pats sent. I haven't been able to sleep all night thinking about her and her father, she needs me and I can't be there. She was there for me when I had my accident more than anyone was I want to repay her. You know that moment I locked onto her while she was on that bus the memories I lost came flooding back, they were all lost until that moment. If it wasn't for that I would've been lost forever. Not knowing who I am or what I am. The amount of desperation I had for that moment was incredible, I kept latching on for her and it worked. What if it's like that for her without the neurologic problem. I have no way to know this moment in time.

I deeply wonder if she has a telephone over there I will ask her to send me the Number for it if so, I would commit murder to hear her voice. When they were all in Africa, I would love just seeing her eyes open in the mornings and night, saying "Good morning my love" something along those lines anyway. It would be the highlight of my day, some nights I thought that we shared dreams together... You don't want to know what happened in them, let's just say it was a lot of touching and kissing. Very passionately, maybe that was just me, we have such a strong bond with each other and in our dreams is the only place we can actually express that love, I mean we could've kissed while we were alone or somewhat but what's the fun in that, it did not help when we tried kissing we'd be interrupted if it wasn't Trixie, Barbara or Phylis it was a member of the public. I need to write that letter to pats before I goto training but I have no time, I will do it at the end of my shift.

As I'm getting dressed Barbara walks into the room, "Oh Delia, I am shattered. I've just don't an overnighter with Mrs. Phillips, she's having a long first stage, she's not even fully dilated I've just woke Phyllis up shes next on call." "Seems like it was fun, I can't wait to start here properly at Nonnatus, on call and that," I say as I smile at her in the mirror. "Delia don't say that you'll be regretting it when you're in one room walking a mother back and forth for 14 hours, your very lucky to just be seen to patients who are pre-birth at the moment in time. I would happily swap with you Deels." I'm shocked that she called me 'Deels' only Pats ever called me that. Its suspiciously weird someone else calling me that, I don't like it, its pats way of calling me. When she blurts it I feel safe, I feel loved not when others say it. I give Barbara a nod, "I bet I will be saying that the day after I've officially started, Giving a cheeky laugh. "Have a wonderful sleep Barbara I have to go, My shift starts in 20 minutes and I still need to get there," I say rushingly. "Goodnight Delia" she gives me a little wave and I walk out. 

As I walk out of the door, I see the bus pulling up to the stop "Oh no!" I run to the bus but it left without me, I shake my head holding my forehead. I walk back into Nonnatus slouching on the stairs, Sister Julienne walks down "Are you alright miss Busby?" she asks concernedly "Oh yes sister Julienne my bus just left without me, I have to call in sick for training today that's all, we were only doing the basic sterilization. Maybe I could test myself in front of nurse Crane or You perhaps you're very experienced," I say confidently. "Of course nurse Busby, I will happily help after I'm not on call" she answers Sweetly. "Thank you, Sister Julienne." I go back upstairs to write Patsy's letter this brings up some memories from when my mother took me back to Wales for a few weeks I don't believe she sent those letters to pats... What if she read them, she would know that I am madly in love with her and that's why she acts as she does around pats, she must be okay with it if she does know, she hasn't said anything offensive. 

My mind goes blank, She wouldn't want to hear how I am. I scratch my head wondering to write to the most important person in my life. 

'Pats,

I'm glad all is well and I'm glad you got there in one piece! I'm missing you ever so much too my love. It seems like a lifetime since we last talked in person, Pats I get those dreams when you're actually here very erotic I love them. We also don't get interrupted in mine haha. Also, Sister Ursula is not here any more thank god, there was a terrible issue she lowered the visiting times to 20 minutes per person. Cynthia was heartbroken, she was rushing already, she only had enough time to see to the mother but not enough to check baby. The night after the mother found the baby dead in the cot... Sister Ursula was distraught so she decided to leave, sister Julienne resumed her position. I'm so utterly terrible Pats! I have no one to torment now, I miss you sneaking into my room for our little talks, I wish I kissed you before you left we haven't been able to yet and I desperately need to! I get so nervy and giddy when I wanted to push you against the wall and kiss you... I hope you would let me. Also yeah I'm seeing someone else. I'm seeing the bloody pillow in my room. No of course not you dozy mare, You're my only one. Training is good I missed today, Sister Julienne will observe me on general cleansing though after that there are only 3 more weeks left!... Did you tell your father? That is the general reaction there is though, anger. It's really surprising that he apologized he seems like a wonderful man and by far not as lovely id like to be for his magnificent daughter.

Do you think he's that bad? that he won't make it through the week? I'm so sorry pats, send me a letter every day so I can check up on you please. I know you don't like fuss but your mine and I want to look after you, this is the best I can do at the moment I'm sorry if I could come I would. Wait really? Are us being in love a crime in Shanghai? In your bed huh? I hope it's a double you do like to hog! haha, I would like more than a kiss my love I've been very patient about not kissing you I'm afraid when we finally do I won't stop. It would be ever so lovely like you said. It would be a lovely Holiday home. I love the sound of this it's getting me very excited. I love you Pats, Write back to me. 

P.S. if you have a telephone please write the number down in the letter I will give you a call when I get it.

Love Deels.'