Prologue

Prologue

The Pharaoh gasped for breath as his whole body throbbed in agony his mind clouded from fever. By the god’s why must he suffer as such? This painful torment, did he not do the best that he could? Should he have tried harder in helping his people bring back the old ways, or was it something else that he had done wrong?

Yet that elixir that woman had given him showed no signs of help with his pain, instead it seemed to have it increase, his eyes felt as if it were being burned from the inside out. That woman had lied to him in his great need, saying such nonsense of some stone tablet; he should have had her taken away for what she had done.

He could no longer take the pain anymore, he let out a cry of pain, his wife the Queen came running to his side, calling for doctors and the like.

“My Love please!” his wife begged. “You cannot leave us yet, you cannot leave me or your people, you said you would remain until you became old! Please do not leave me…”

He looked to his wife, she was lovely, tears were in her dark brown eyes. He could never stand seeing her cry, but there was nothing he could do, he had tired countless times in having children with her, twice she ended up giving birth to two daughters who no longer breathed nor cried. A name for them, even in all the chaos he could not think of a name for his own children.

What kind of father cannot name his dearly departed children for the next life?

His hand shook as he lifted it to his wife’s damp cheek, she held his hand tightly, as she continued to cry, he forced himself to smile. “I’m… sorry.” He managed. “Do… do what you must to live on my wife. I’m sorry that I could not… give you a child…”

“What are you saying?!” his wife looked mortified. “If it is blame then it is mine, I did not take care of my body like I should have, I am to blame not you.”

He tried to shake his head only to end up coughing vigorously. He was dying, he knew that too well, still he wanted to remember his wife’s face, so that when she too passed on that he would find her and remain there afterlife with the god’s.

“No my King!” his wife cried as his breathing labored, this was his final moments in complete agony, his left leg throbbed as the sickness became greater than before. He closed his eyes listening to the sound of his wife’s sobs before his mind went into deepening darkens.

 Good bye… my wife… my people… goodbye…