Chapter One Return of the Golden Pharaoh

Present day May the fifteenth.

Kathrin Alexander, sat in the back of the Royal Ontario Museum looking over the documentations that had just been given to her by her grandfather the curator of the museum, in these documents held information about an exhibit that would be coming in a matter of tomorrow.

She scanned over what would be brought to the museum, and what she read nearly made her heart stop beating.

“I… I don’t believe it…” Kathrin gaped as she went over the article again just to make sure that it wasn’t a mistake. A smile soon came to her lips then. “Yes! The rumors are true! Yes! Yes! Yes!” she danced around the table and threw her arms up in the air. “The Golden Prince is returning to the R.O.M!”

The door opened up and an elderly man came in. “Katy, you seem to be in an extremely happy mood.”

She stopped dancing instantly. “Oh… grandfather, sorry, I just became very surprised over something that I just learned about.”

Her grandfather Matthias was dressed in a white long sleeved dress shirt, light brown vest and matching pants, black polished shoes and a red tie, his dark grey hair hand been combed back his mustache was trimmed as his light grey eyes shined.

“Ah you mean about the Pharaoh Tutankhamen, yes it is a wondrous sight isn’t it? If I remember correctly you were only two years old when he came here to the R.O.M, and now that he’s coming back, it’s an amazing thing.”

“I know, but grandfather things like large exhibits make me worried, you know that there have been uprisings in theft with museums lately, don’t you think it would be a good idea to higher more guards for night shift?”

“Nonsense my dear, this is the Royal Ontario Museum, they would have to be completely insane to think that they would be able to steal from here and get away with it.”

That maybe true but still… Kathrin then looked back to the newsletter of the information to see what exactly would be coming here, the king himself, his wife, even his two nameless daughters, and some other of this belongings as well as something she had never heard before. “Sunstone of Amun Ra?” she looked at her grandfather. “What is this?”

“It’s something that had been found not too long ago by a nameless archeologist, who actually wished to remain as such, it’s odd though, but this man says that he has no use for fame he just loves his job.”

 “Huh.”

“And on another subject.” Her grandfather stepped forward and took away her thin dark blue rimmed glasses from her face making her jump in shock some of her red hair come undone from her tightly wound bun. “My granddaughter looks more like an old school librarian.”

 Kathrin looked down at herself. Dressed in a white blouse T-shirt, a dark blue long skirt, and black heeled shoes. She moved some of her hair away from her face and slightly pouted a blush of embarrassment came to her cheeks. “Grandfather…” she held out a hand to him. “May I have those back now please grandfather?”

“Now why on earth would you want to wear such things when you don’t even need them? you have such a youthful appearance, and such dark blue eyes like my daughter, you should never try to hide your natural beauty.”

“But Grandfather… my face, I’m twenty three years old but people keep thinking I’m a first year in high school.”

In other words Kathrin was baby faced, always holding a very young and youthful appearance and it always made it harder for her to find work. Her grandfather knew of this and took it upon himself to get her a job here at the museum in archiving and historical documents that came into the R.O.M’s possession over the many years of its being.