Chapter Fifteen: Guardians Of Earth

It had finally been a full day! In any minute Raditz would come out of the chamber. Korrin and Popo surround the chamber door until his arrival. Just on cue the door slowly opens revealing a taller, bulkier Saiyan with longer hair and shredded clothes.

"Did it go well?" Korrin asks the young man.

Raditz hops a bit in place realizing how weightless he felt compared as before. "Yea! I feel good and strong, but...its nowhere near enough. Although I truly believe I have more to grow on. I am ready for the Divine Water!".

Kami pulls out the Sacred bottle and hands it over to Raditz. "Beware that if you don't have any potential left you will die".

He takes a moment to look over everything he had done in his life. From the very start, he was raised in Planet Vegeta to starting his journey to this very moment. He was ready, he could feel it within his core.

He takes a step towards Korin and grabs the Divine Water. He takes one meaningful look at them both and then drinks the whole thing. He makes a disgusted expression for its taste. The next expression was pure agony. He falls on his knees and then on his side. He screamed in pain for what felt like an eternity.

After 5 hours of pure agonizing pain, it started to subside. He clenches his chest as he looks up at the sky trying to catch his breath. In the end, it seemed as he suffered for nothing. He had grown truly powerful but even his new power was outmatched by Piccolo.

"Finally my final part of the plan has come. Kami wished for you to be the next Guardian Of Earth. It is up to you whether or not you decide to takes this role but if you do you will be able to speak to the spirits of all pas Guardians including Kami. You will gain their wisdom and hopefully, that will be our key to victory".

"I don't know how I feel about becoming God," the boy said. "Yet I feel as if I have no other choice. I will become God".

Popo presses his thump onto the young warrior's forehead making his eyes glow with a bright white light. His mind sends him hurling through a black vast space where he is then stopped in front of a statue. The statue begins to glow and the vast space around him starts to shake causing him to stumble back. Total silence flows through space as a blue spirit seeps out through the statue.

"I am he who came before the one you knew before you. I knew such a day would arise. And now your time has come! This is a threat that only we the Guardian can stop. We will help you attain a new level of power known as Spirit. It will allow you to channel the power from the hundreds, from the thousands of Guardians that have come before you. Beware the more power you channel the more it will strain your body; even death".

As the man said thousands of souls appear behind him and just as quick each began to jump into Raditz.  He's driven mad for a moment; believing his own body and soul were being torn apart.

Raditz is shot back into his own body and falls on the ground. He shakes his head and then looks at his hands feeling the surging power within him. He looks at Korrin with a cunning smile. "I can win".

"I can tell you have attained Godly Ki, from here on you're the Guardian Of Earth" Korrin states as he points out at the direction of Piccolo.

"If things go well after the battle you can remake the Dragon Balls even more powerful than before. The dragon balls power is limited depending on the creator" Popo states.

"I should get going! But just so you know if I survive this I'm not going to be the type of God that just sits up here. I'm going to continue traveling the world" Raditz jumps down from the lookout and heads over to West City to find Piccolo.