Chapter 37 - The Teenage Girl's Angsty Hormones Trying to Come Out to Play

Allison Davis

"I don't see it."

I deflated slightly. "How can you not?" I insisted. "It's such a perfect fit!"

Silas drew in a breath, a thoughtful look crossing his face. "Yeah, I just don't agree."

"But they're science partners!"

"Yeah, because you asked Ms. Radford to put them together," Silas pointed out. 

"Asked?" Grace scoffed. "More like begged for the sake of your obsession."

"I did not beg," I huffed.

Silas bit his lip. "Yes you did," he laughed.

"I hate you."

"Why are you even concerned? School's ending in a week anyways. He's going back to Germany at the end of the year."

"Which is why I need your help now!" I announced. "We can't let him leave before he realizes that they are perfect for each other."

"They aren't though," Grace disagreed. "Jack isn't even very nice."

"Is Allie shipping students again?" Finn asked.

"Yeah, she thinks Jack, the foreign exchange student, and his science partner Sam are perfect," Grace explained. Finn grimaced.

"Absolutely not," he said immediately. "First of all, Sam thinks he's the scum of Earth. Trust me, everyone in band does. Also, she's dating my first chair trumpet player so, that'd be an awkward conversation."

I slumped in my seat. "All my hard work went to nothing," I sighed.

Silas patted my shoulder. "Don't worry, you'll get over it."

"Are you sure that the reason you were so adamant about that ship isn't because all of the other teachers ship your niece with Wyatt Jones?" Grace asked, smirking. I frowned.

"Why would that be?" I laughed. "I ship them too."

"Of course you do," Grace laughed.

"Wyatt Jones?" Finn asked. "Don't know him. I thought she had a thing for Jaime Hunt."

I laughed. "Oh god no," I shook my head. "Jaime's just her friend. Most of us are pretty sure he's gay."

Finn shrugged. "I guess it sucks to be a band teacher sometimes. I literally don't know half the students in this school."

"Poor Finn," Grace teased. "He's feeling so isolated."

"Shut up," he pouted. 

"Do teachers actually ship Maggie with Wyatt?" I wondered aloud.

"Think about it this way, Allie," Grace started. "Shipping students is literally the best thing about teaching. You show up with a niece as a student. She's going to stand out to other teachers. They're going to talk about her and her friends. They're all going to notice the teenage girl's angsty hormones trying to come out to play with her best friend. Most of them have been there and know how actually fricking terrible it is."

"Please don't use the term 'coming out to play' when in reference to my niece," I groaned.

"Do you think Maggie would be willing to play saxophone for marching band next year?" Finn asked randomly. 

"Er," I shared a glance with Grace. Had Caitlyn still not told him about her job? "Probably?"

Someone tapped on the door of Grace's classroom and Harry Claude bolstered in. His suspenders stretched over his sloping shoulders and his hair stood up in spikes. He really enjoyed his hair gel. His shirt sleeves were rolled up and I could see tattoos poking out.