Two

Liam

Even I can admit it. I didn't have the best childhood. Even though I was still very young I occasionally still have flashbacks of my father hitting my mother and her screaming to protect Cole, Claire and I. Although I can't quite remember him I definitely remember what being in the house with him was like. Broken glass, overturned furniture, screams. In one word; A hellhole.

But thank god, ever since Harry came into the picture my memories of my father were fading but my memories of Claire never fade. She was taken too young. I still remember that horrible night. So my flashbacks are rather dark. I still remember screaming her name as the clear puddles of water on the road became dark red with her own blood as the car ran over her, I struggled with guilt ever since. Telling myself 'You could have saved her' and 'You should have held her hand tighter and said no'. No matter how much people tell me it wasn't my fault, I know it was and I hate myself for it every single day I live. 

I remember it like it was yesterday, Cole covering me in the backseat of my mom's car and locking it as this strange man came around the side and gave me a eyeful of all his teeth as he smiled at me before moving onto Cole who only scowled in return. 'Need some help, darlin'?' I heard him ask my mother before moving around to the front of the car to check out our busted engine. I heard them chatting and laughing together before mom came back into the car and told us this man; Harry, Was going to give us a lift to get our car fixed. I could tell Cole was not a fan of the idea by the way he was shooting filthy looks at the back of Harry's head but eventually we got moving again. Leaving our past behind us and the open road stretched out in front of us, offering hope of a better future.