Chapter 11

It's been three weeks since he was captured and now (M/n) was part of the Akatsuki, much to his annoyance.

He couldn't escape knowing it would end up with something he wouldn't like. At first he was annoyed that he was surrounded, but now, he is pissed that he's missing Naruto's chunin exam.

Currently he walked out the room as soon as a certain Uchiha walked in.

When (M/n) was trusted enough to wonder around, they gave a him a cloak and a dusty room which he immediately cleaned. Don't get him wrong, but if wants to avoid people he could lock himself in the room. In other cases he would rarely use it, since he has trouble sleeping and rather just study or train in dead of the night.

Everyone in the group found out how he was avoiding the sharingan user like the plague, some found it amusing but to others it was starting to get annoying.

On the other hand he got along with Kakuzu (kakuzu's obsession with money doesn't really bother him), Hidan, Deidara and Sasori. However, he mainly spent his time around Konan, finding it easier around her.

(M/n) stayed away from Tobi since the guy always put him on edge, he stayed away from Kisame for obvious reasons. Pein was, okay? I guess he would have like him better if it weren't for his stupid god complex.

In the end,  (M/n) saw this group more as a dysfunctional family more than a group of rogues. He saw this as somewhat haven for people who were judged cruelly by society. He honestly would have liked hanging around them if it weren't the fact that they are hunting down jinchūriki.

"I can't believe I have to wear this, can't I just stick to my usual outfits?" (M/n) absently asked Konan as he shifted uncomfortably. The outfit made him a bit self-conscious. He was used to his clothes which were a bit baggy on his body.

The clothing that Konan selected were somewhat simple. Starting with simple ANBU issued pants, which were bandaged from below the knees, instead of his usual black boots it was replaced by typical ninja sandals except in the color black. His top was a sleeveless muscle shirt which was skin tight. The only thing that was kept from his old outfit was the finger-less gloves.

"For the last time, no you cannot wear those clothes, consider this as a wardrobe upgrade. The clothing you had is no good" Konan said as they walked down the hall.

'She just insulted my style of clothing'

"Not only is this an upgrade for you but it allows for mobility and it will be difficult to identify you at first glance, after all your well known to wear the baggiest clothes to leave nothing for the imagination " Konan explained.

'Nothing for the imagination?' Konan noticed his confused but ignored it. It's not surprising how the jounin was pretty oblivious to others.  After all he has a lot of admirers in Konoha,  but then again,  he was mainly outside the village doing missions.

"The only thing that is bothering, is the fact that I feel extremely exposed!" he argued

"You're an offensive fighter, one with unique jutsus in your disposal. This gives you a much better advantage due to the material of these clothes."

"I have a feeling that your just making an excuse,  even my old clothing can do that,  ah whatever I can just cover myself up with the cloak"

"That would work against you in a fight"

(M/n) rolled his eyes not really caring. His life was always on the line, but he mentally reminded himself to remove his cloak when in a fight,  just to make it easier and well...not to ruin the cloak,  he's already attached to it.