5

Entry 5

October 29ᵗʰ

N o — W o r d s

J u s t

༒ W h i p p e d ༒

☕︎︎ ت ☕︎

__________________________

♕ ♕ ♕

_______________________________

| Chapter • F I V E |

R a y P a d o v a n o

Lost in words as the most beautiful flower has finally begun to accept my presence. Her slender hand was currently being held with mine. Not from her own will, but from a bet she undoubtedly lost.

It's still something in my handbook.

After constantly ignoring my presence. To slowly acknowledge it, I was able to occupy her schedule tonight. There wasn't any convincing involved which I began analyzing how odd it's been. Mia denied accompanying me to the shopping center a few days ago. So I thought I may need to go the extra mile, and perhaps abduct her for the second time. But Mia surprised me when she agreed without any ounce of hesitation.

Why? I keep wondering.

She made it clear to keep my distance after her wrathful hand met with my face. That was about a month ago. Is she finally beginning to accept my presence? Or perhaps is my Dear Mia up to something?

"This isn't fair!"

Mia signs, still complaining as we were already faraway from the carnival. Distant from all the menacing glares threatening her. I doubt Mia even noticed since she was distracted by all the variety of games, and stuff toys on display.

"You had an opportunity to win the game knowing I gave you a head start, gave you some of my ammo, and purposely let time slip by." I pause remembering her endeavoring will to win. "It's unfortunate your aim isn't proficient."

"I'm not that bad!"

Her hand pauses.

"You deceived me.
Fooling me into your scheme—.
How was I supposed to know you're a professional at handling guns?"

Oh the irony.

"How do you even possess
such a tranquil aim?"

The corner of my lip begins to tug by how stagger Mia is. "When I was a kid, my parents gifted me with one of those carnival games similar to the one we just played. My aiming simply ended up being perfected from constantly using it until I got bored. There isn't much to it."

When I was about to turn five, my father gifted me one. Five year old me was ecstatic about it. Thinking it was for getting above average marks on my academic stats, but who would have thought the old man had a slightly different objective.