Reunion - A daryl x Reader Oneshot

Requested

Word Count: 1,935 words

Warnings: Fluff and slight angst, mention of abuse

(A/N: this imagine takes place in a pre-apocalyptic setting then moves on to the apocalyptic setting)

You were laying down on your bed, it was around 12 A.M and you started hearing noises, more specifically, you were hearing shouting outside and you knew exactly where these sounds were coming from, they were coming from daryl dixon's house. Your neighbor and your crush.

You've been crushing on him for a few weeks now and you've hung out with him a couple of times. He would smile at you and you would instantly melt. Whenever his eyes meet yours, it's like nothing is around you. There's no barrier, just you and him sitting down and chatting about life in general. You never told him how you felt about him because you were simply not brave enough to do so.

Crazy thoughts went into your head and you were imagining scenarios of what would have happened if you had confessed your feelings to him. Maybe he'd reject you and tell you that he thought of you as just a friend. Maybe he'd ignore you and not be your friend anymore. You sighed and stared out at the window.

A rock was thrown to your window and it made you snap out of your daydreaming. You looked down and noticed daryl standing there, he was wearing some old blue jeans and a white undershirt and a black jacket. Your cheeks instantly heat up and your face was as red as a tomato.

You opened the window.

"Daryl..? What are you doing? It's almost 1 A.M." you whispered in fear of waking up your parents.

"I know that. Just come on down. I wanna tell you something, it's important."

You realized that you were in your pink pajamas and your hair was a mess. You didn't even have makeup on, you sighed in annoyance and wore your slippers and went outside to meet him. You thought it'll be fine and that he wouldn't judge you.

"So what are you doing here?" You asked.

He grabbed your arm and walked with you to the backyard. He pinned you to the wall and got his body so close to yours that your face turned red.

"D-Daryl what the hell are you doing?" You asked again.

"Be quiet.." He said in his deep rough voice. "I wanted to tell you something but first, that pajama looks cute on you."

"S-shut up." You said as you looked to the side then back into his eyes. "What did you..want to tell me?"

"I like you." He said. "I've always liked you Y/N. You're the only person who has the ability to make me smile and laugh. The only person who makes me forget the pain I have, my dad is an asshole. My mom left us and my brother's a complete dick but you're definitely my favorite person out of all of them."

Was this real? Daryl was confessing his feelings to you when you were literally just thinking about him? You were the one who wanted to tell him how you felt and never in a million years did you think that he ever liked you. You always thought that he was just being a good neighbor and a good friend.

You looked down, tears welling up in your eyes. They weren't sad tears but happy tears. The moment you've always been dreaming of was happening and it was really beautiful that it brought you to tears.

"I like you too, daryl. I was just thinking about telling you my feelings but I was just scared..."

"Scared? Of what?" He asked.