70 - Jacob

10.21.18
genre: fluff
JACOB - 
length: 1 part
P.O.V: 2nd & reader insert
~~~~

"Jacob!" You called, running towards the brown-haired boy who was smiling brightly back at you and waving

You crashed into his open arms, hugging him tightly in the waist with a huge grin pasted on your face. It was nice to see him again considering how busy he usually was. Finally you and Jacob would have time to have a nice, perfect movie date.

"Uh, any hello for me?" A familiar voice said quizzically.

You peeked around Jacob to see Eric standing there, crossing his arms with a smile. You and Eric have been friends for a while, and he was approving when you admitted into dating Jacob. You kind of felt bad for him to be third-wheeling, but he said he didn't mind.

"Hey! So, you're going to watch the movie with us?" You asked, prying away from Jacob and giving the younger male a soft slap on the shoulder.

"Ew, not directly next to you guys. I'm going to be on the opposite side of the theater. Why would I want to be sitting next to you guys when you'll be smooching each other's faces?" Eric screwed up his face in disgust.

"Eric! We don't 'smooch each other's faces'!" You laughed, pushing him gently.

Eric rolled his eyes but still smiled. "Whatever. I still get to choose the movie, right?"

"Yeah," Jacob nodded. "Well, we should hurry up and call a cab."

~

You three arrived at the movies, and you stared in awe at all of the movies displayed on the walls.

"Wow, I hope we don't watch that," You said, your eyes settling on a horror movie.

"I already told Eric not to," Jacob reassured with a small laugh, rubbing your shoulders as you shuddered just thinking about it.

Eric had gone off to pick the movie, and soon returned with three tickets in his hands, a devilish grin on his face that you knew too well.

"Eric, you probably picked a horror movie, right?" You groaned, snatching the tickets away from him before he could do anything about it.

You checked the title, and you blinked your eyes blankly when you saw the two words 'The Nun'. Being the kind of person who lives under a rock, you've never heard of this movie before.

"What's this?" You wondered aloud.

Eric giggled hysterically. "You'll see."

Jacob quirked a brow. It seemed that he didn't know what it was either. You followed Eric into the room where the movie was showing with confusion, watching him endlessly laughing.

You and Jacob sat somewhere in the middle while Eric, as promised, sat way in the back.

"I hope Eric didn't pick something scary," You sighed.

"I'm sure he wouldn't. Eric can't handle scary stuff either," Jacob comforted you with a laid-back smile, but you could tell he was nervous as well considering how fidgety he was.

You checked the time. One more minute until the movie would start.

~

And of course it was a horror movie.

The two of you realized too late as you screamed at the horrifying nun's face that popped out on the screen, earning stares from either side of you.

You buried your face into Jacob's arm, whimpering like a puppy, refusing to watch the movie. Even though Jacob didn't make a sound, he was shivering.

You peeked with one eye to keep watching the movie, not wanting the money to go to waste. You flinched several times and bit your lip to suppress your screams a bunch of other times.

Soon enough, in the middle of the movie, you and Jacob were clutching each other and cuddling against one another. You focused on Jacob's ragged breathing, not wanting to tune in to the scary movie.

Jacob glanced down at you and stroked your hair, making you a tad bit calmer but not enough for you to feel completely relaxed.

"Do we have to watch this?" You whispered to Jacob, who simply shrugged. He seemed laid-back, but you could tell he was scared out of his wits.

He was squeezing your hand tightly, but you didn't mind your loss of blood circulation because you too were clinging onto his arm like a child.

Jacob thought of something brilliant while you were struggling to open your eyes and praying to make the movie malfunction and end.

"Y/N," He whispered into your ear, causing you to break concentration on the movie and to stare into Jacob's eyes.

"W-What?" You were still frozen with fright.

Without letting you utter another peep, he lowered his head down and pressed his lips gently upon yours, making you pull back immediately out of surprise. 

"W-What are you doing, Jacob?" You hissed quietly. "We're still watching the movie!"

You were flustered, your cheeks heating up and turning a deep shade of pink. It seemed as though Jacob noticed since he was silently laughing at you.

"Come on, do you enjoy the movie?" Jacob asked.

"Not really," You confessed sheepishly.

"So....?" Jacob said even quieter and deeper, leaning forward even more now, his hand on the arm rest.

Blushing feverishly, you nodded cautiously and righted myself.

"Then what?" You murmured. Talking to Jacob actually helped to block out the movie surprisingly. You wanted to continue to talk like this and ignore the movie playing in the background.

"Stop talking and keep watching the movie," Jacob suggested with a playful smile, signaling to the people around them sending them death glares for disturbing their "movie experience".

"Fine," You huffed and crossed your arms, snuggling up against Jacob again and resuming watching the movie.

You regretted doing so as every single time a jump scare came out, you would flinch violently and even hit your head against the seat.

You felt like crying because you absolutely hated horror movies, and Jacob thankfully noticed.

Jacob carefully placed his hand around your shoulders and let you rest your head against his shoulder. He looked down at you while you looked up at you, and you both made eye contact.

"Y/N," He said again.

"... Yes? Don't you dare kiss me aga-"

Going against what you said, Jacob kissed you swiftly, pulling away after a millisecond.

Frowning but still feeling butterflies in your stomach, you beckoned for his attention again.

When he gazed back down at you once again, you leaned up to perch your lips against his for a second before breaking contact and continuing to snuggle against him for warmth and comfort.

Jacob took this as a challenge and placed a hand on your jawline, forcing you to meet eyes again. He kissed you warmly on the lips, your eyes closing in sync with his.

You didn't regret this after all.