Chapter Three: Friends

Thanks to Not_A_Stalker_8471 and lenn2001 for helping me out with my depression lately. <3

  (After Bakugo and Izuku finished fixing the coffee machine in absolute silencd, people started arriving for their morning usuals. Eventually, after a few minutes of annoying Bakugo, Izuku convinced him to let him help with work today. Since Uraraka came down with a.. ahem... "cold", Izuku and Bakugo were the only ones in today...)

Kirishima's POV (YEP. ITS HAPPENIN')

   Kirishima entered the café and waltzed up to the cashier to order. No one was there, so he rang the little bell on the counter. There was a THUD then a small whimper as a curly, green-haired boy popped his head out from under the counter.

"G-Good morning!" The boy stammered.

"'Morning," Kirishima replied with a smile and the green-haired kid stood, brushing himself off.

  The boy returned the smile. "So, what could I--"

"Oi, nerd!" An angry voice cut in. A tall, blonde boy emerged from the two back doors. Kirishima quickly recognized him as Bakugo Katsuki, his close friend. "I didn't say you could fucking take orders yet!! Learn how to wash the damn dishes first, then you c--" Bakugo's eyes moved over to Kirishima and he paused.

"What the hell are you doing here, Shitty Hair?!" He yelled.

"Oi, Bakubro. Stop yelling, you're gonna get yourself fired." Kirishima pointed out blandly. "Oh, and tone down the profanity, won't ya?"

  The green-haired boy flinched at Kirishima's remark and looked down at the ground. "I-I'll do the dishes, Kacchan.. S-Sorry!" He kept his eyes glued to the floor as he stumbled over to the sink.

"Asshole," Bakugo grumbled, moving his gaze to stare at the green-haired boy. Kirishima noticed a small smile play on Bakugo's lips.

"So, you like him, huh?" Kirishima said.

"What?! NO WAY IN HELL I LIKE THAT LOSER!!" Bakugo yelled in response, a faint blush covering his cheeks. He looked away from the boy and Kirishima chuckled.

"Sure you don't, Bakubro..."

Izuku's POV

   After scrambling over to the sink, Izuku began to wash the dishes. He hummed to himself peacefully, until he heard yelling, presumably from Bakugo.

"What?! NO WAY IN HELL I LIKE THAT LOSER!!" The blonde yelled.

    Izuku flinched. Why does he have to be so loud? He looked over to see Bakugo and the spikey, red-haired kid having an argument. Izuku turned back to the dishes, knowing the argument was none of his business.

"LIKE HELL HE'S CUTE!! HAVEN'T YOU FUCKING SEEN HIM?!" Bakugo said.

   Izuku fumbled and dropped the mug in the sink. It shattered with a loud CRASH and he flinched. He looked down and noticed small pieces of glass stuck in his hand.

   The next thing he knew, a strong arm wrapped around his waist and another held his wrist.

"You're a fucking mess," a voice growled in his ear. Izuku shivered when he recognized the voice as Bakugo's.

"S-Sorry," Izuku muttered, keeping his eyes on his bleeding hand.

Bakugo's POV

Bakugo dragged Izuku to the back room and threw him down into a chair. He found the first aid kit and dug through it until he found the tweezers, rubbing alcohol, and bandadges, along with some tape.

"What the hell were you doing?!" Bakugo yelled as he started to pull the shards of glass out of Izuku's palm with the tweezers. "I said 'wash the dishes' not 'break nine fucking cups'!!"

"I-I'm sorry."

"And now we need to buy more cups since your dumbass dropped one!" Bakugo said. All the glass was removed, so he squirted alcohol onto a cotten ball. 

"I'm sorry."

"You fucking should be!" He rubbed the alcohol on Izuku's hand, making the boy flinch.

"I'm sorry..." Izuku whispered again. "Please forgive me."

Bakugo silently wrapped Izuku's hand in gauze and taped it so it wouldn't unravel. He looked up into sad emerald eyes and felt a stab of guilt in his chest, but he ignored it.

"I just... I just want to be friends..." Izuku said.