Chapter One: Samantha

Samantha Woodrow lazily stirred her coffee. Taking a sip she let out a contented hum. So this is what I've been missing , Sam thought, if I had known it would be like this I would have gone to school sooner! She took another drink and tried to focus on her last period  teacher, who was happily droning about the Aztec empire.                                                                                                                  

" Ms. Woodrow," the teacher addressed her " why did the Aztecs carve out hearts?"                            He must think I'm an average high school student!  Sam pondered, bemused.                                     " To feed the god Huitzilopotchli, and make the Sun rise in the morning."                                                He nodded approval, and resumed asking questions to the rest of the class. Samantha let a self- satisfied smirk grace her pearl-pink lips, as a rosy blush climbed her high cheeks.                               

" Ms. Eden," he asked another girl of Sam's age, " Where would the Aztecs bury their dead?" a clear female voice responded " Under their family's house."                                                                    

Sam looked to the source of the voice to see a short brunette with gold- green eyes that glowed like emeralds in the light coming through the classroom window.                                                                  "Class dismissed." the teacher announced as the bell began to ring loudly.  The green- eyed girl approached Samantha. " You're the newbie right?"                                                                                             

" Yeah" Sam giggled nervously, " I'm Samantha."                                                                                                 The girls unusual eyes flashed,                                                                                                                                     " Liza." she said, and giving her curly copper- brown hair a toss, walked alongside Samantha as she left the building.                                                                                                                                                  "Where do you live?" Liza asked. Oh shit , I can't say I live in the car. Can I?                                                " Ummmmm......"                                                                                                                                                               " It's fine. You can come to my place instead."                                                                                              "Sure!" Samantha replied with relieve " Where do you live?"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    " At Elmswood" Liza said, sounding almost uncomfortable at the thought.                                      They kept walking, Liza following Sam to her car.                                                                                                    Sam loved her car. It was a cherry red  '65 mustang, a gift from her mother that had been Sam's home on wheels since the age of sixteen.                                                                                                                Her and Liza climbed into the car, Liza took the passenger seat to "Be the navigator" she said.       " Point the way." Samantha smiled.