Chapter Four: Dreams of Darkness

After what felt like hours of tossing and turning, Liza finally fell into a deep sleep.
In her dreams she found herself wandering around a dark and barren territory. She could hear screaming and begging coming from the shadows as the scent of burning flesh filled her nose and made her gag.
Cringing away from the sights before her, Liza kneeled on the hard, black ground and heaved dryly for what seemed like an eternity of bile scalding her throat.
She let out a wet sob, and began to pray, " Goddesses of the ages, I call thee for guidance and strength." She panted collapsing to the dirt once more.
Liza drew a symbol on the ground, a five pointed star. The pentacle.
She continued her makeshift prayers, it was more like begging than the calming incense and soft words Liza would normally have associated with the practice, but this was clearly not a normal situation, nor certainly a normal dream.
Humanoid shapes danced around a flame in the distance.
Liza could hear whispers of
"Join us Elizabeth." The whispers grew louder to the point of chanting "Join us Sister!" The voices howled "JOIN US!"before fading into the blackness surrounding them.
The dream felt real. Much too real for Liza.
She screamed once.
Sam was brought back to the day her Mom died. "Sam," her mother had said to her " keep watch while I head inside." They had been going after a pack of lycans that day.
Lycans, (or werewolves, as some know them.) are nothing like the ones we hear of on television. Real werewolves were aristocratic and pompous, yet could kill viciously when they had the chance.
Sam had promised she would watch her mom's back, and she had failed.
The wolves were too quick and Samantha was too damn slow. Her mother had been torn apart in front of her.
Sam still woke up from the very same nightmare almost every time she managed to get some sleep, still screaming for her mom to shoot.
Sam cried in her sleep. "MOM! MOM COME BACK! I CAN'T DO THIS MYSELF!" she hollered in the depths of her mind,  not knowing Liza was also suffering from heinous visions at the exact time.

Madame Persephone smiled at her divination glass. The hex is working perfectly I see.  She let out a contented hum, happy to punish the disobedience Liza was showing. To Persephone and the Coven themselves.
Foolish children she scoffed, you cannot hope to beat us. Not when I shall soon have The Mistress here to assist me.
She grinned into the mirror.