1. Memories

And the first chapter is re-published! Enjoy!

Aurelia had recently changed her hair, adding an element of difference between herself and her brother. The golden streaks through her caramel hair were a nice contrast to her dark chocolate eyes, or at least that was what she thought. Evangeline had told her not to choose gold, but alas, nobody ever listened to her advice.

Her trunk dragged behind her as she walked along the familiar street, where it occasionally got caught on the cracks in the sidewalk that desperately needed to be filled in.

Her childhood home didn't appear to have changed much, but when she looked closer, she could see it didn't possess the same charm it once had. That was nothing to linger on in comparison to the change in people - the children she had once befriended were stuck inside, still in muggle school uniforms, the kind old lady at the end of the street had been relocated to a care facility, residence taken over by people who seemed too friendly to be genuine with kids as loud as a fire truck siren. She knew she wouldn't get nearly as much peace and quiet as she had in the small French village where her godmother lived, but perhaps that was a given, for who could ever live in silence with a brother as rambunctious as James?

Aurelia stopped outside one of the larger houses on the block. The Potter Residence.

She took a deep breath and knocked on the door. For a moment the house was completely silent, and she wondered if they had gone out and forgotten she was arriving.

Footsteps came rushing toward the doors, either in excitement or in a hurry to get it over with – Aurelia couldn't tell which.

The door was all but flung open by a messy-haired boy, hair only a few shades darker than her own, though it looked like more due to her highlights. He adjusted his wire-framed glasses, squinting to make sure he was seeing properly, "Aura?"

"James?" she mocked him, amused at his codfish-like expression.

Her brother rolled his eyes but couldn't hold back a smile as he pulled her in for a life-draining hug. She groaned and attempted to wiggle out of his iron grasp, motioning at her parents for help.

Her father was the one to stop giggling first and walked over to release her from the death trap. But they were all deceived, for Aurelia found herself stuck in another attempt on her life as Fleamont hugged her much too similarly as to how James had.

Fortunately for her, unlike James, her father did not want to kill her and soon released her to be given a much gentler hug from her mother.

"Thanks, mum," Aurelia cast a side glare at the boys of the family as she thanked Euphemia for her softer nature, which only made them laugh.

James pulled her trunk inside, where he set it at the bottom of the stairs with her cat's carrier.

She barely had enough time to put her school bag down when she was dragged further into the house by an excited brother. She found herself stood in the middle of the living room, where three other boys were spread out comfortably. They had clearly been waiting on James, but now their interest was captured by the new addition.

"Sirius Black-" James pointed to the boy with the long, black hair and the leather jacket, who looked the most comfortable in the Potter household, "-he's been living with us since he was disowned last year-" this sentiment earned a pillow thrown at James, who simply continued with introductions, "-Remus Lupin-" he pointed to the boy with scars across his face but still the kindest eyes of all the boys, "-and Peter Pettigrew-" he pointed to the last, most mousy boy.

Aurelia offered a small smile to each of them.

"Guys-" he motioned to his sister with an exaggerated flourish, "-this is my younger sister-"

He was cut off as Aurelia picked up the pillow previously thrown by Sirius and whacked him over the back of the head with it, "We're twins, dumbass."

James grumbled under his breath, rubbing the back of his head with a glare at his sister, "I'm still older." When she hit him again, he reworded that which he was trying to covey previously, "This is my twin sister, Aurelia."

She threw the pillow to the side, satisfied with her work, and turned her attention to the other boys, who had all said their own hello's.

Sirius leaned forward in his seat, nearly falling off the end of the chair, where he grinned at the Potter girl, but addressed her brother, "You never told me you had a beautiful sister."

James directed a death-glare at Sirius, "Eyes off my sister, Pads."

Aurelia smirked, "Sorry, Lover Boy, I have a boyfriend."

James nodded, quick to agree, "Yeah, she has a boyfrie-" he paused, eyes wide, "-You have a boyfriend?!"

Aurelia snickered, "No-" James sighs in relief, "-Not yet at least."

She left the room with a wave, followed by a chorus of goodbye's and James' screeched questions about what she meant by 'yet'. She gathered her things from near the front door and made her way up the stairs to where she remembered her room was.

"AND YOU BETTER NOT HAVE BEEN THROUGH MY STUFF!"

James paled considerably, "Whoops."