2. Murder

Well, I just realised all comments and stuff stay up, and now they don't match the content in the chapter... Too late now!

 Too late now!

Still enraged at the discovery that James had rifled through her room, Aurelia lay alone on her bed, which was much more comfortable than she remembered, as she plotted her revenge.

His poor friends didn't deserve this –well, who was she kidding, they probably did– but how could she be the James Potter's sister without a little pranking here and there?

"Aurel- oh bloody hell, what are you doing?"

She lifted her head up to look at who was disturbing her thought process, "What, James?"

"That face- it's not good. I get the exact same one when I'm about to do something dumb," he hesitantly stepped into her room, careful not to touch anything that could explode and murder him.

Aurelia, meanwhile, had been busy laughing, "Did- did you just admit you're dumb?" She managed to talk through her laughter, though almost choked in the process.

James sent her a deadpan look, "No! I never said that! I said I do –well, have done– dumb stuff."

As she giggled, she muttered, "Sure."

Still grumbling, James flopped down on the bed beside her.

"Can you leave?" she asked, annoyed at his presence.

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Can we compromise?"

"No."

"Even if it means I'll let you take my broom for a test fly if you're careful?"

At this, James gained an intrigued expression, "Go on."

Aurelia dragged herself up and padded over to her closet, from which she pulled out a new Comet 260. James bolted upright, mouth agape, "How do you- where...?" he trailed off, stunned that his sister, his sister, had a 260 before its release.

Aura shrugged, "A friend of mine has an older sibling that works in the broom industry and pulled a few strings to get it for me."

"Wicked," he grinned and reached out to touch it, when she pulled it away. He pouted.

"You can have a go if you promise to be careful and leave like I already asked."

James didn't need to think about his answer and nodded enthusiastically. Aurelia knew she could trust him to be careful with it, so she, albeit reluctantly, handed the broom to him.

He pulled her into a quick side-hug and skipped out of her room.

She watched as he and Sirius left the house with their brooms, then descended the stairs into the lounge, where Remus sat, reading. She took a seat beside him, "What are you reading?"

He glanced up at her and offered her a small smile, "A muggle book, The Lord of the Rings."

Her face lit up, "I love Tolkien's books! My godmother owns a muggle bookstore in Paris, and she had some copies with those really nice, red covers. I'm onto the Silmarillion now."

Remus grinned, glad to have found someone as interested in reading as he, though he hadn't expected that person to be James' sister. He placed his bookmark between the pages and put the book on the coffee table. While he would have liked to talk books all day, there was a more pressing concern, "Did you have something to do with why James and Sirius frolicked away in such good moods?" If he'd learnt anything from spending time with a Potter, was that nothing was without good reason.

She sighed, "I knew you'd be an observant one. I let James borrow my new broomstick to get him and Sirius out of the house."

He chuckled, "Why exactly?"

"Payback, because James shouldn't have gone through my stuff," she smiled with a much too innocent look on her face.

"Sirius too?"

"He stole the last piece of bacon this morning," she shrugged, justifying her reasons.

Remus was recruited to her cause.

By the time James and Sirius returned from their flight, Aura and Remus had set up their prank and were sat back on the couches with their books, watching the doorway.

As they stepped through the door, a great puff of smoke surrounded them. Coughing and wheezing, the two stumbled out of the trap and fell face-first on the floor.

The bookworms stifled their laughs. They pretended not to see the obvious changes in their appearances.

"Bloody hell!" Sirius exclaimed, noticing his hair that hung in front of his face was instead of black, a strange cactus green.

"Aura!" James glared at her as he attempted to rub off the neon yellow colouring from his hair.

Remus and Aurelia got up and ran up the stairs. They locked themselves in Aura's room. Out in the hallway, James and Sirius attempted breaking in.

They were unsuccessful, and the two stayed in the room until dinner, at which point it was too late to realise that they had been locked in more permanently by their friends. Euphemia got them out my midnight, no thanks to James and Sirius.