Promises (Frost x Fem!Reader)

"Operator Frost, Ordis is detecting more patrols ahead."

"Rodger that," Frost skid to a stop to peek around the corner. Corpus patrols were in full swing. Thank the Lotus no one has detected me yet, he thought. He kept searching for his target but saw no one of his given description. "Ordis, do you detect any life signs of our target?"

"Scanning... Ordis detects target life signs 200 meters ahead," the cephalon confirmed.

Frost sighs, "Please tell me there is an alternative route I could use?"

"It's a Corpus base, operator. There are always alternative ways," Ordis almost sounded sarcastic.

"Not all bases are the same, Ordis," Frost shook his head and kept watch of the passing Corpus. "Are there open vents nearby?"

"Affirmative, Operator. Up your current hallway stairs, turn left then left again into the side room. There is an open vent in the ceiling," Ordis displayed the intended path on Frost's HUD.

"Riiiight... Let me just head straight out into enemy fire I tried so hard to avoid this far," Frost's groaned, his hands iced slightly at his anger.

"Operator, no need to be S-SARCAS-T-T-TIC. Ordis is merely doing as asked."

"Oh, so now I'm the sarcastic one?" Frost huffed, his throat straining at the loud whisper.

"What do you mean, Operator?"

"Never mind. Just let me know when the patrol has passed." Frost unsheathed his Nikana Prime.

"Three," Ordis started.

"Two."

"One."

Frost heaved and bullet jumped up the stairs...

(Your POV)

You shivered in your chair, restrained by your wrists and ankles. Your breathing was hard and laboured. Your fresh injuries still bleeding and stinging on your arms and legs from continuous torture. The room was cold, nearly freezing, but it did not help your pounding headache at all. "I t-told you," you wheezed and hissed at the dryness of your throat. "My name is (Y/N), and I d-don't know anything!"

"That's not what I asked!" SLAP!

You groaned at the sudden pain on your left cheek. A faint metallic taste graced your tongue.

"Tell me why Tennos are interfering with project Alpha! We know your people ordered the hit," the Corpus interrogator shouted to your face, winding up another slap.

You flinched at the gesture, "I told you, I DON'T KNOW! Please believe me!"

The Corpus swung his arm. You shut your eyes to anticipate more pain to your swollen cheek.

SLAP!

"Argh!" The chair rocked with so much force, it fell backwards. Hitting your head hard onto the grimy floor, stars danced across your vision. Silently, you welcomed the darkness at the edges of your vision when you heard the footsteps of the Corpus nearing your head.

The Corpus kneeled beside you. "Why keep doing this to yourself when you can just tell us what we want to know?"

"Because I d-don't kno--"

SLAP.

Blinking through your hazy vision, you saw him stand. "Please, I was just looking for s-someone," you whispered.

"Then you are of no use to me," he sighed and moved to lift his foot. You feebly tried to get away but you had nowhere to escape. Accepting your fate, you closed your eyes once more. Your family's warm faces flitted across your eyelids. The people of Cetus... Goodbye...