Exalted Feelings (Trinity Prime!reader X Exculibur)

You sighed as you sat down at your desk in the med bay. It was delightfully quiet despite the increasing amount of missions the dojo masters dished out. So most of the missions went well.

You have fussed over a young Ostron woman with a broken leg all night alongside Oberon. Frost couldn't thank you enough for helping. Oberon Prime had said he will help you but was called away on an urgent mission to Venus. Something about Project Alpha?

"Damned Corpus..." sighing, you moved the cords hanging from your Trinity Prime helmet over your shoulder and played with them, your thoughts wandering. A certain grey and red frame kept dancing behind your lids. You started to nod off when there was a huge commotion at the med bay door.

"Trinity? Trini!" Volt called from the door. You motioned for silence and he waved you over to the door.

"What's wrong?" You looked him over to check for any injuries, finding none.

"Oberon Prime just sent out a distress call. Both Excalibur and Ivara are down. You need to get to Oberon Prime's ship when they dock."

"Excalibur?!" panic quickly rose in your throat. "Ahem... How long until they Dock?"

"They're about to dock," Volt checked his comms.
You hurried to your station to gather supplies but when you returned... To say Oberon Prime was pissed, was the understatement of the century.

You looked over and saw Oberon Prime holding Excalibur upright, his limp arm slung over his shoulder. A Palatine Rhino followed with an unconscious Ivara in his arms. You couldn't help but stare. He looked so out of character. Too afraid to drop her, to hurt her.

"What happened?" You stepped closer and started to seep out your healing aura around the group.

"The Corpus base was heavily defended, and this one... " he repositioned Excalibur around his shoulder when he weakly looked up at you. "... He decided to literally go in guns blazing! What were you thinking when you raced off ahead on a spy mission!?" Oberon Prime turned on Excal with a strained voice, trying not disturb the other patients.

Excalibur stayed silent but when he turned his head, you gasped at the ghastly sight. The whole left side of his neck and helmet was scorched right through his armour. You touched his burns and immediately his thoughts flooded your head...

Excalibur groaned, "Spy missions... This is exactly why I hate them!" His thoughts continued to roll with each shallow breath, his limbs and face on fire. Excalibur looked around from his position against the wall trying his best to remember what happened a few seconds ago. Ivara's unconscious form was close but her right arm and shoulder was scorched. "That's right! This console was purging its info when we tripped the alarms. We weren't fast enough.. And it BLEW UP!

Corpus soldiers and those damned...rats kept pouring in from every direction. But he couldn't remember much else after that besides waking on Oberon Prime's ship.

You recoiled from the touch. Clear disappointment on your features but thanks was prayed to whatever god is out there that your face was still covered.

"Rhino, please place Ivara on the open bed over there. Oberon, please follow me, " you gestured to various points around the infirmary.

The regular red and blue Trinity came to assist you with Ivara. She saw you were upset and avoided Excalibur still sitting there, waiting for medical attention. She nodded to you, "I can handle this. Go check on him."