Chapter 2

"Dan?"

"What are you doing here?" I say immediately.

"Hi to you too." He says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes and continue to question him. "You sing?"

He looks me up and down and carelessly says "Sure."

Is he serious right now? He's giving me attitude expecting me too feel bad? In reality, he should be apologizing to me.

Before I could say or ask him anything else, a song starts.

Are we doing a duet?

I listen to the first notes of the song and immediately recognize the popular tune. I look him in the eyes and give him the "Seriously?" expression. He smirks and lifts his shoulders. How petty of him to do this. He has to be buzzed, right? I mean this is not the Dan I know. This is not the awkward, lovable, dorky Howell I fell in love with. This was a polar opposite of that. And I'm not sure how I feel about it.

He looks directly at me and starts singing. The song was done for me by Charlie Puth. Great.

"What you thinking? You think that you could be better off with somebody new?

I cross my arms wondering how he has the audacity to do this in front of people. This Dan was so confident.

"You say you're leaving. Well if you wanna leave there ain't nobody stopping you."

I raise my eyebrows at this. I honestly want to get off of the stage but I stay where I am watching him. I kinda want to see where this will go.

"I won't beg for your love won't say please I won't fall to the ground on my knees."

I watch how his hand grips the microphone tightly while the other taps to the beat on his leg.

His hands.

"You know I've given this everything baby honestly, baby honestly."

The way his body moves with the song.

"I lie for you baby, die for you baby, cry for you baby, but tell me what you've done for me."

How intently he looks at me.

His eyes.

"For you baby and only you baby, the things I do baby."

And he is not that bad of a singer.

His voice.

Gosh I really do miss him.

Wait? What am I thinking?!? He is literally calling me a liar right now. I shake away my thoughts and gain back my poise as he sings his last line.

"But tell me what you've done for me." He sings looking directly at me.

I look at him acting unbothered and start singing.

"I never cheated. Deleted everyone cause they made you uncomfortable."

And this was true. That's why I stopped hanging out with my friends because he wouldn't trust them. He wouldn't trust me. I could only hang out with his friends.

"These accusations, I can't apologize for something that I didn't do."

Wow. This song is perfect for our situation. He just rolled his eyes at me nonetheless. This ignited me to get more into the song.

"I wont beg for your love, won't say please." I surprisingly hit notes I could never manage to hit if I wasn't buzzed and annoyed.

He then sang the backing vocals "Oh no won't say please."

I start swaying my hips to the beat and sing more to the small crowd watching us than to him.

"I won't fall to the ground on my knees. You know I've given this everything baby honestly, baby honestly."

I turn to him only finding that he is already looking at me. He starts singing the chorus again.

"I lie for you baby, die for you baby, cry for you baby, but tell me what you've done for me."

He starts walking towards me.

"For you baby and only you baby, the things I do baby. But tell me what you've done for me."

As he gets closer to me I start walking backwards not wanting to meet him.

"Oh tell me what you've done for me."

I feel myself getting closer to the edge of the stage but I just couldn't take my eyes off of him. It was like he had me under his spell. I kept stepping back.

"Tell me what you've done for me."

As he sang those words, my foot was at the end of the stage and I closed my eyes letting myself fall. Then I felt a strong pair of arms around my waist that caught me. I opened my eyes only to be met with his warm brown eyes filled with concern. I'm literally falling for him.

I look at his lips and boy do they look kissable. Before anything happens though, he stands me up straight and twirls me around so that I'm on the middle of the stage. Wowza.

He continues singing again walking towards me as if nothing had happened.

"Oh you know I've given this everything."

He's walking towards me again but this time I don't move because I'm still trying to comprehend what the heck just happened. Before I knew it he was standing right in front of me.

"Baby honestly."

As he sang those words I realized that he was still accusing me of cheating. I snapped out of what was happening and sang the next line with him.

"Tell me what you've done for me."

My sassy persona came back and I started walking towards him as we sang the next part together.

"I lie for you baby, die for you baby, cry for you baby, but tell me what you've done for me."

Now he was at the edge of the stage but had a smirk on his face. I decided enough was enough and started walking to the other side of the stage to get off. He kept singing.

"For you baby and only you baby, the things I do baby. But tell me what you've done for me."

As I was about to go down the steps I felt a strong grip on my hand, twirling me back on stage. And of course, it was Dan. What was with all the twirling? I was shocked that he did that again. He's never been so forceful with me but I really didn't mind if I'm being honest. His hand was still intertwined with mine as he sang.

"But tell me what you've done for me."

He pulls me in closer putting his hand on my hip. I gave him a daring glare and sang the last line of the song with him.

"But tell me what you've done for me."

The crowd that had developed while we were performing went wild. But I couldn't focus on them. I could only focus on the face that was merely inches away from mine.

Had I already forgiven him so easily? No.

Do I miss him? Oh, absolutely.

Does he still think of me as liar or as a cheater? I don't know

All I know is that we both want to kiss each other, so badly. I could tell by the way he was holding me so protectively. The way I helplessly stood there with my arm over his shoulder waiting for him to take me. The space between us was closing and I had no will to stop it.

I closed my eyes anticipating this moment.

But before I could again feel his lips on mine a hand grabbed my arm and dragged me away.

~Hello reader! Hope you enjoyed the second part of this story! Part 3 will be coming soon:))~