Lightning Rod

Artemis' POV:

Wally is gone. He's never coming back. I miss him with every fibre of my being and I can't move on. I won't. I'm just stuck; never able to move forward, always wishing to go back.

I tried cutting my ties with the League, but I always find myself right back here, in the watchtower memorial garden, gazing wistfully at the hologram preserving his memory. He deserves so much more. He sacrificed everything to save the world and no one will ever know that it's Wally West that they owe their lives to.

I lean against the rough bark of an oak tree, and dry my eyes on my orange and black sleeve, reminding myself that I'm Tigress, not Artemis; Kid Flash's partner. The sun has set on that era. It's time to move on.

Suddenly I'm hit with a weird sensation that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. The air starts to hum with an out of place energy, like static. And then I see it. The first crackle of electricity, stark white against the star-studded sky. I shield my eyes from the blinding white light that follows, pure energy pouring out from some unknown source. Just as suddenly as it appeared, it folds in on itself, converging into vibrant yellow and red lightning streaks.

I blink, clearing my vision of the purple blotches distorting the figure grinding to a halt in front of me. My eyes focus on his form, still pulsing with energy.

"W-Wally?" I gasp.

He looks dazed and disorientated, but all signs of confusion vanish when he sees me.

"Artemis," he breathes.

I reach out, hesitant to touch him, praying he isn't some sick apparition my grief-stricken mind forged from my aching heart. Sensing this, he takes my hand and places my palm on his chest. I feel a steady heartbeat; he's really here. Throwing myself into his arms, he lifts me off the ground and spins me around, peppering me with kisses.

"Don't ever leave me again," I sob into his chest. I probably look a complete mess, but he stares at me as if I'm the most beautiful girl in the world.

"Never," he promises, combing his fingers through my golden hair. "Artemis?" he starts, continuing when I look lovingly into his emerald eyes. "Marry me."

It isn't a question. "I'll think about it," I tease, silencing his protest with a passionate kiss. "I think I'm going to have to say... yes."

A/N: And that's it. Short and sweet, I hope XD PLEASE VOTE!

 Short and sweet, I hope XD PLEASE VOTE!